cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Database Columns to PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to select some columns from the oracle data base using the select statement and upload into the pdf file. But in Oracle database my columns name are like SALES_FORECAST,FORECAST_ACCURACY ,....... I dont want use the same names but i would like to give the descriptions like Sales Forecast, Forecast Accuracy,.....

Where can I give these description for the columns .

My BLT is like this 1. PDF actions

2. SQL Query

3.PDF Table.

Thanks

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A very simple way to do this is embedded in the iGrid Applet. The property called ColumnHeadings allows you to alias the cryptic column headings normally found in DB tables. Output the Applet into your PDF document and you are all set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

this is an interesting idea. Usually the easiest things are the best.

However, if you want to use the same BLT to first query the data and afterwards output it to a PDF table, I can't see a way to use an iGrid, which is the display component of an applet in a web page.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank Platt? Technical questions? Is it April 1st already?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

if you want to use spaces for your PDF table columns, you can use the following method.

In your BLS, write a MII query to retrieve the values from your DB. Create a MII XML output document with all columns you want to use in your PDF. Here you can use spaces in your columns names that will be displayed in the PDF table.

Then use a repeater action to run through all output rows of your query. Use a "Row" action from the MII XML Output to add all the query rows to your XML Output document. Finally, use the XML Output document as source for your PDF table.

This way you can use the column names you like.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you aware of SQL stmts like:

Select abc AS xyz from tbl_1. This is called a Column Alias.

I guess this is what you need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Thanks for the answer. I remember what you said but in the xMII query template where can we give colum1 AS column description.

Thanks

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the 'SQL Query Details' tab, enter the column name like

SALES_FORECAST as SF and click the 'Add' button.

As far as I know, you will not be able to use spaces in column names while aliasing. But you can overcome this by changing the column header in the display template.

Or you may write the entire SQL in the 'Fixed Query' tab if you select the type as 'Fixed Query'

John

Edited by: John George on Sep 10, 2008 11:18 AM