cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export drilldown or subreport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to export a report having drilldowns or subreports in CR XI R1? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW, on-demand drilldowns.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone? Please help. This is a post i found in this forum close to my problem, but I wonder if someone has some better suggestions other than upgrade to XI R2. [;

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

The link doesn't go to a specific post but versions of CR prior to XI R2 did not have the ability to export to PDF and Create bookmarks from grouptree or to MS Excel and Show group outlines. Either of these options is not a true drilldown as it only gives you the + and - symbols to expand or contract groups and will only contain the data that is displayed in the report. So if you have suppressed sections or data they will not appear in the export output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. My mistake. Here is the link to the post [;

Can you elaborate a bit more on why export to PDF or excel with bookmarks is not a real drilldown export? BTW, is there any way in CR to have +/- instead of double-clicking for drilldowns? Thanks a lot.

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

I say the +/- isn't really a drilldown as within CR you have to double click on a group or subreport to drill into it which opens a new page/tab within CR. As you drilldown the drill down group level changes allowing you to use the DrillDownGroupLevel function to conditionally suppress or unsuppress sections and obejcts.

The +/- only let's you navigate to that value on the report, it won't change the drill down group level.

You could use the group tree with it's =/- buttons to navigate through the report but again it is more of a search than a drilldown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much.