cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open KM Search iView Results in New Window...??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm having an issue whereby I want the Search Results of a KM Search iView to open in a new window. At the moment its being displayed in the existing portal content area.

Under the iView Properties for KM Search I have the "Launch in New Window" options to either:

- Display in Portal Content Area

- Display in Separate Window

- Display in Separate Portal Window

- Display in Separate Headerless Portal Window

None of these seem to make any difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave..

In the properties of your KM iview..

In the end there is a property known as Window Features..

It Specifies the appearance of the new window launched by an iView whose 'Launch in New Window' property is set to '1'.

So

Here enter a list of JavaScript parameters separated by commas; for example: 'fullscreen=yes, toolbar=yes' (without the quotes).

*If empty, the new window opens according to the default JavaScript parameters..

Hope it helps...

Thanks...

Rewards via points appreciated....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Still not working. I'm concerned that the Launch in New Window for some reason is not being set to 1 when I select "open in new window". Just seems to be defaulting to 0 everytime.

So adding Window Features still isn't being picked up.

Is there anyway of double-checking that the display option is either 0 or 1??

Cheers,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetna,

I have implemented the same concept(fullscreen = yes) which you have mentioned in this forum.

I am little bit interested to know the full code to be mentioned if i want to open a seperate new window which should have all the features like minimizing etc.,

Thanks in Advance.

Vipin

benjamin_houttuin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does it need to function like the search on [this|http://www.uniqema.com/irj/portal] site?

Cheers,

Benjamin Houttuin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Yes, but is the affectively the MastHead Search feature? As at the moment on our portal this does the same.

It should work the same for a KM Search iView that I want to use on a particular page on the Portal e.g. A search to allow a Department to just search their own documents.

This for some reason doesn't open in a new window and needs to in this case. The search itself works great though

Regards.

Dave

benjamin_houttuin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Ben,

>

> Yes, but is the affectively the MastHead Search feature? As at the moment on our portal this does the same.

>

> It should work the same for a KM Search iView that I want to use on a particular page on the Portal e.g. A search to allow a Department to just search their own documents.

>

> This for some reason doesn't open in a new window and needs to in this case. The search itself works great though

>

> Regards.

>

> Dave

Yes it is the search feature that is also availible under the masthead so you reconned yourself...