cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating R/3 4.5B to Windows 2003 64 bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are thinking about migrating our existing R/3 4.5B system from HP-UX/Oracle 8.0.5 to Windows 2003 64 bit/Oracle, does anyone know if this is a supported on this platform or where I might be able to find out? Also I take this this will probably require an Oracle upgrade in the process of the migration as well??

Many thanks

Simon.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

0_o

First, you do not specify to which oracle version you want to migrate.

Second, oracle 805 was never released for windows 2003

third, as per note

85838 Released operating systems for SAP Kernel 4.0x/4.5x ORACLE

kernel 4.5B is only supported on WINDOWS SERVER 2003/IA32 no 64 bit

4th, SAP 4.5B is in "customer specific maintenance", no option to get extended maintenance, so I do not think it is very wise to migrate it to a new platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

Thanks for the information.

So I guess we need to upgrade to Oracle 9.2 before we migrate to the new Windows environment, and then move to WINDOWS SERVER 2003/IA32 32BIT. Customer is paying for Extended Maintenance, I guess until the end of next year. The need to move to new hardware is that the system is being moved to a central system in 2 years time, therefore no need to upgrade SAP, in the mean time they will run out of space on the current hardware and therefore want options, with their prefered option to move to Windows, that's why we are considering it!!

Regards

Simon.

Answers (0)