cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS sql test converted to long and job log states that 1 row read at time

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am going from ms sql to ms sql server. The source text datatype is being covnerted to a long. No problem there. However, when the job runs, there is a warning: Rows per committ has been reset to 1 because table conatins a long column.

11.7 of DI

How can I get around this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

This is indeed a limitation in the DI 11.7 (and earlier) releases which might result in a slower performance when loading data with long or CLOB datatypes.

In DI XI 3.0 (or version 12.0) we significantly improved the large object support. Main improvements were supporting BLOB (in addition to CLOB), extending support to more BLOB/CLOB datatypes for all databases and an optimized intermediate storage of the large objects. Removing the commit=1 restriction was a side effect of these optimizations.

Ben.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben,

I am a new user to BODI, and I recently experienced the same issue with source "TEXT" fields being converted to "LONG" in the Query and Target datastores respectively. I am using Data Integrator v 11.7 and my question to you is do you know whether or not this issue is resolved in Data Services XI 3..x? if so, can you also provide documentation on this exact issue? Thanks in advance.

Lonnie

Answers (0)