cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent 'Unknown Database Connector' Error with Crystal XI in VFP9 app

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a VFP9 application which uses Crystal XI as its reporting tool. We use Installshield Express to install the Crystal components by including the merge modules in the setup.

We extract data in the VFP app then write it to the local temporary files folder on the PC running the app. The VFP app then opens the crystal report and changes the database locations (xbase files). We intermittently get an OLE IDispatch exception with Crystal error u201CUnknown Database Connectoru201D. If the user runs exactly the same process again it is likely to be OK. The system had been relatively stable and unfortunately we cannot pinpoint what changed to introduce this problem. Around the same time we did install a new server, upgrade PCs to dual processor and also upgrade to Crystal XI!

If anyone has had a similar problem or has any idea what the problem could be please let me know as our users are becoming frustrated with the system crashes they are encountering.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrick_genest
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

To troubleshoot this issue, I will suggest to:

1. Open the report in Crystal Reports designer, and use the same connection.

Are you experiencing the same issue?

2. If you do, then I will suggest to verify the connection works outside of Crystal Reports using a third party took for OLEDB connection.

3. If it is working in Crystal Reports designer, then since you are experiencing the issue when developing an application, I will suggest to post your question in the Legacy Application Development SDKs

Hope this help!

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Patrick

It has never occurred in Development I will try posting to legacy apps.

Nicky

Answers (0)