Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP Structure Username & Address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to get the LDAP connection to talk to Microsoft AD. In Sap's online help it talks about mapping and using the structures username and address.

Example:

To create a mapping, enter the required data:

Table Name

Logical name of the ABAP structure, such as ADDRESS

I must be missing something but how can I view the structures through se80? Se11? se16? or is this the import/export structure of a BAPI?

any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Robert

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I haven't found a way to display these structures either, but the mapping proposal is provided for AD. Have you taken a look at the proposals via transaction LDAPMAP? The structures that are mentioned within the help documentation are provided.

If you execute transaction LDAPMAP and maintain all the relevant server details - then when you select mapping, one of the options under utilities is to import a proposal. However I think that the proposal only applies to the LDAP application type User.

It then provides the full default mapping between AD and SAP fields - some of these you would need to adjust as it is based on the assumption that you will extend the AD schema to cater for the SAP related fields. You can delete any of the mappings that you won't be using or modify the mappings if necessary,

Regards

Edited by: S Morar on Sep 11, 2008 10:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have awarded points. No , I haven't imported the proposal but I will try now.

We are communicating with AD just can't seem to get things mapped correctly. I will try this and see if we can then get them synced together.

Thanks again.