cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use US date format on schedule?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When schedule a recurring instance and I'm prompted for the Start and End dates, they are formatted in the European date format.

How can I have it default to and always use the US date format?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are seeing this issue as well. Furthermore, the date/time stamps on some server logs appear to be using GMT. We are using the auditor and that seems to be saving date/time stamps on the auditor events in GMT as well. Our server clocks are all setup as EST and we have tried changing the local settings in our Webi preferences but it does not change how the date/time format and values are display in various reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone find a solution to this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This fix from R2 seems to work with XI 3.0 as well:

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui/main.do?iv_mode=003&iv_sapnotes_numb...

Here are the steps:

Open the Last Login for User report in InfoView which requires the change.

Add a new variable in the Web Intelligence report.

Use the following function in the formula for the new variable. The function uses central time as an example:

RelativeDate([GMT format timestamp];0.25)

For example, if it is required to change to central time, use 0.25 as there is a six-hour difference between it and Greenwich Mean Time (6/24 GMT = 0.25).

Use this variable in the report to return the correct local time.

Only problem is you have to edit each auditor report and change and create another variable for any object with a "date" data type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

I presume all your users are also in the US and their Regional Options (via the Control Panel) is set to the US (English (United States)) in the drop down.

Also, does the value of the the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\default\Shared\General\Setup\Languages\Available\en] branch in the registry look as below?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\default\Shared\General\Setup\Languages\Available\en]
"BOShortName"="EN"
"Country"="US"
"lcid"="1033"
"name"="English"
"LG_iso639A2"="en"
"LG_LocSuffix"="en"
"LG_CodePage"="0"

Best,

Srinivas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On infoview you have an icon on the upper-right hand corner of the window (called preferences).

Click in there and in the general tab, change the option "My interface locale is ..." to the country would you like the date format would be by default.

Otherwise Business Objects will use your browser confirguration.

Cheers,

Constantino.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thing I thought of too.

Note that it's not in how it displays it in the history or what's pending.

It's when you to to schedule, and set it to be a recurring schedule (i.e. weekly) during the actual prompting for the Start Date and End Date. The values in the input box in displayed in European format. When I select new values from the popup calendar, the result values are also displayed in European format.

This is even though in Preferences I have it set to my US locale and the server is set to the US locale.

Is there a server setting somewhere perhaps? Maybe something in Tomcat?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is no one else experiencing this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am I the only having this issue?