cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Javascript error when a table is placed within a table popin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a node 'Parent' which contains one attribute and a non singleton child node called 'Child' which contains five attributes.

I have created a Table 'OuterTable' in the view. The 'datasource' property of this table is set to the node 'Parent'. I inserted a popin in to this table and added another table 'InnerTable' as the content of this popin. InnerTable is bound to the node 'Child'.

For each parent element, there will be 'n' number of child elements. When i run the application i can see 'm' number of table popins(corresponding to 'm' number of parent elements) and inside each popin a table containing 'n' rows(corresponding to 'n' number of child nodes for each parent element).

When i try to select a row from the table in second or third popin, the browser shows a javascript error at the bottom left hand corner. Although it does not affect the application, i am curious why this is happening.

The main problem is that, we have to call this webdynpro application from a function module in R/3 which will show the application in the IE engine inside SAP GUI. In this case when we select any rows in the table, a pop up with a message 'Internet Explorer Script Error' comes and we are not able to proceed with the application.

Any help to resolve this issue will be highly appreciated and rewarded with points

Shabeer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soujanya,

The javascript file used in the case of FireFox is different. It is 'sapUrMapi_nn.js'. So i think, depending upon the browser client the server is sending different javascript files. By the way i am using IE7. I will check whether this problem occurs in IE6.

Thanks for the information!

Warm Regards,

Shabeer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabeer,

Can you try this

File location

1) <Installation Drive>\usr\sap\<System Name>\

<Instance Name>\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server<Number>\

apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\portalapps\

com.sap.portal.htmlb\jslib\jslib/sapUrMapi_ie6.js

2) j2ee_<Instance Number>\cluster\server\services\

servlet_jsp\work\jspTemp\irj\root\portalapps\

com.sap.portal.htmlb\jslib\sapUrMapi_ie6.js

and try this

Find the function "function sapUrMapi_init()"

and the line

ur_system.emptyhoverurl = ur_system.mimepath+"emptyhover.html";

Add the following if condition before this line:

if (ur_system.emptyhoverurl == null || ur_system.emptyhoverurl == "")

so that the result reads like follows:

if (ur_system.emptyhoverurl == null || ur_system.emptyhoverurl == "")

ur_system.emptyhoverurl = ur_system.mimepath+"emptyhover.html";

Take a backup . You can try this on your local system before trying on the server.

Keep in mind that the object can be cached in both the server and

browser cache.

Regards

Pankaj Prasoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabir,

This is the message i see when i click 'Show Details' in the popup.

Line: 10905

char: 5

Error: 'cells' is null or not an object

I found the javascript which is the source for this error it is 'sapUrMapi_ie6.js'. The function which cause this error is ur_Table_create(sId). I am stuck here. I do not know how to proceed.

Interestingly, when i try to execute the application using Fire Fox there is no error! So i think the error is specific to Internet Explorer. Anyway i am not making any assumptions now.

It would be really great if you could give me a clue.

Warm regards,

Shabeer.

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shabeer,

Firefox and IE uses different objects in javascript. IE uses windows eventing whereas firefox doesnt. I am not sure if this problem is because the generated javascript is very specific to firefox.

BTW make sure that you are using IE 6 as IE 7 is not fully supported by webdynpro.

Another suggestion, is to download firebug extension for firefox and then you can debug the javascript at runtime in firefox. this will help you to pinpoint the problem.

hope this helps.

Thanks,

Soujanya Bhaumik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you click and see what the error says?