cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting break-up of the input variance in controlling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ECC 6.0 in cost object controlling I am performing variance calculation for Process / production order (T code KKS2). The order header material has properly calculated, marked and released standard cost estimate. Though my order inputs has clearly identified input price and input quantity variance, SAP is showing this as Remaining input variance rather than separate input price and input quantity variance.

I also tried another simpler option of doing detailed planning (T Code KP06), for a cost center where I planned a material input. I issued double quantity of the material and did variance calculation (T Code KSS1). Here also SAP is showing this as Remaining input variance rather than input quantity variance.

In IMG for variance calculation under u2018Check Variance Variants (T Code OKVG), I have check (tick) marked all the variance categories viz. Scrap, Input price, resource usage, input qty, remaining input , mixed price, output price, lot size. It has been properly assigned to target cost versions (T code OKV6)

I have used this functionality in earlier versions but have not faced such problem.

How to achieve the variance break-up is the question?

Regards

VRB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The essential settings that are required for variance calculation are material master for which the order is created shall have the variance key assigned in it.

The variance key will then be picked up in the order. This one controls the variance calculation.

Check the right valuation variant that has all the categories selected been assigned to the target version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

My variance key was OK. The consumption cost element should have check mark (tick mark) for record quantity and UoM need to be mentioned in its master data, for segregating variances into price and quantity.Once that was done the details were available.

Regards

VRB

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update with the resolution note.

Answers (0)