cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Content for "payment history and ageing report"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have AP and AR modules implemented in R/3. And recently the client is implementing Collections Management module in R/3. There is a requirement which has come in which we need to provide the a report by customer the past payments made for the last 6 months and the recievables ageing for 1-30 days, more than 30 days and 90 days. A sample is:

Division Past-due payment history Receivables Ageing

-

Customer CM-5 CM-4 CM-3 CM-2 CM-1 CM 1-30days >30 days 90 days

-

A 04/10 05/10 06/10 07/10 08/10 09/10 150 200 300

etc, where CM = Current Month

After going through the requirement we have found that data for this requirement can be taken from AR module itself as Collections Management data is not being used. In this scenario, if I want to develop a payment history and recievables aging report in BW from AR module, which data sources can be used. I am new the finanace module so if any links to good stuff is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

0FI_AR_4 datasource is the BSID/BSAD line items from R3 and the standard DSOs and Content will give you the ability to do aged debtor reports

You will have to create your own aged debtor reports in WB as the std ones are pants.

You create an aging bucket for each aging based on the following example criteria..

CKF 0-30 days = RKF 0-30 Days Open + RKF 0-30 Days subsequently cleared

(ie you are tryign to restate the ledger to a point in time)

RKF 0-30 Open is..

posting date <= key date

item status = 0

net due date on a constant selection of 0 and -30

RKF 0-30 Subsequently cleared is..

cleared date > key date

posting date <- key date

net due date on a constant selection of 0 and -30

For payment History - I wouldn;t bother with the standard KNB5 extractor (although you can have a look at ti) _ I find it a bit too high a level

I would create a realised payment terms report which looks at the following calculations:

cleared date - net due date (realised payment terms)

net due date - doc date (offered payment terms)

And then create a query for all item status = C transactions which aren't payments (ie not equal to doc type DZ) and show the above calculations weighted per Customer Payment Term

Many ways to skin a cat - the two above will help you on your way

and

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry one more..

Be very very careful with volumes - if you are in a high volume environemtn (ie over 20 million BSID/BSAD records) then you WILL run into problems

The normal way to go in BW AR implementations is to take a snapshot of the aged debt position at month end and read it into another cube (using a generic extractor of the BW cube) - although the project I am on at the moment I am proposing somethign different due to BI-A offerign more data modelling capabilities

Unfortunately cube partioning is not going to help you at all on this as to find the balance at a point in time you have run the data since the beginning of time