cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have a text field in MDM with 18 chars length.

The input excel file for this field has values like " 456, 789"

the comma is creating errors during import

This is allowed in SAP R/3 but I think during the load MDM is treating it like a multi-valued input .

How do we retain "456, 789" as it is during import ?

Edited by: Vinay on Sep 10, 2008 9:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have also some strange behaviour when importing XLS

- the cell format of XLS have an effect, text format is better

- other XLS stuff like formatting have negative effect (in join for exemple)

I my case, I rebuilt from scratch XLS file, coping data from original to notpad and after import

It's work better. Same data, same look ...

Now I use CSV format, I think is better ( Delimiter is ; )

Regards

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep - change field format to text and define the de-limitter in MDM before mapping the field. Then map and import - should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

If you are mapping the field present in your Excel with the Text Field then it will be saved as it is i.e. with comma in your case. In case of numbers check the Source Preview tab and infact it will not give you any error due to comma because MDM supports 1000s separated with comma.

When you are getting an error i.e. while opening import manager or when you execute Import?

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the exact error message you are getting, and what type of import are we talking about?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I tried this on my side and it's working absolutely fine. So, this should work for you as well.

Please double check the type of field in MDM. It's type should be Text. After connecting the file in import manager please check the source data in source preview pane that whether it is same as the data which you entered in the input file or not.

After performing these checks, please try to import the data once again. Data should get imported this time.

Let us know, if problem still persists.

Regards,

Varun