cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI API error -8012 Bad Company Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently receiving this error while using the DI API (2005) when attempting to connect to the company.

I have checked that the DI API, the SBO-COMMON and the company are all at the same version so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Also this error only occurs with users who do not have administrative rights. (I am using UseTrusted=true)

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

You could try the following steps:

1. Locate the Temp folder by going to Start -> Run and type %temp%.

2. Locate the SM_OBS_DLL folder here and delete it.

3. Uninstall the DI API from Add/Remove Programs.

4. Reboot your PC

5. Install the DI API from your current patch. (Download patch, extract it and then browse to Packages\DI API and run setup.exe)

6. Run the Upgrader Common again (From the same patch as above - very important!). Browse to Packages\Upgrader Common and run setup.exe. This will update the SBO-COMMON to this patch level again. You will not lose any data.

7. Log into the Company database via the Business One application and accept the upgrade if prompted.

These steps are the general ones you would take for company mismatch errors. If you are still facing the issue, let us know and we'll see what we can do next.

Hope this is useful to you,

Regards,

Niall

SAP Business One

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I will try that out and see if it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niall,

I tried the steps you suggested and the problem still occurs. Note that when the user has administrative rights the DI API works fine. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Can the users make an ODBC connection to the database server? Can they access the server the license manager is on? It is possible there is a security restriction on the users accessing one of these servers?

My last suggestion would be to ensure the language you have set the DI to use is the same as the one used in the company database.

However, if you can log in as an administrator but not as a normal user, even after taking all the steps I suggested, it would seem the issue might be related to some specific setting on your system. It might be best to contact us in support directly by logging a message so we can arrange to troubleshoot this issue.

Regards,

Niall

SAP Business One

Former Member
0 Kudos