Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy way for mass modification of Org Values

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

we are modifying some org values like (adding plant (WERKS), shipping point (VSTEL) and so....) for some roles (say 480 roles). is there any easy way to add them with out going in to each role (child roles ) and modify them. if yes please let me know

thanks,

SSSSS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunkara,

In our implementation, we have arranged for a custom program to update the Org Level values based on the input provided in a spreadsheet.

It updates the AGR_1252 table.

I haven't seen any Standard program with this functionality.

Regards,

Zaheer

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunkara,

In our implementation, we have arranged for a custom program to update the Org Level values based on the input provided in a spreadsheet.

It updates the AGR_1252 table.

I haven't seen any Standard program with this functionality.

Regards,

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Hi Can you explain it further clearly

thanks,

SSSS

0 Kudos

Consult a ABAP programmer, and give them your requirements.

We have the program set to read format

=======================================

Role_Name - Add/Delete - Org_Field - High - Low

=======================================

Based on the Add/Delete (A/D) switch the program updates the AGR_1252 table for the fields "High" and "Low", which allows you to maintain ranges also.

Also, ask them to add a logic to generate the roles once the table updates are done programmatically

Regards,

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. i will contact the ABAP Programmer and will explain him the situation

thanks again,

SSSS

0 Kudos

But other than this, is there any way to do this. i mean using CATT Scripts?

thanks,

SSSS

0 Kudos

I gave CATT scripts a try also, however, there are many things like, the values may not be at same location in Org Level Input screen in PFCG maintenance and many other things which you may have to program apart from just simple screen recording.

Regards,

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Both CATT scripts & creating an ABAP will take longer than doing it manually for 500 - 1000 roles.

You must at least spend 1 day testing your ABAP properly. A conservative estimate is that you can modify org levels for 500 roles in 1 working day.

ManuelDguez
Explorer
0 Kudos

We did that one time, and value doesn't reflect until you compile de roles.

So you could change the values by a program and create an ECATT that compiles/adjust the roles ( than way both steps will be automated )

0 Kudos

Updating the AGR_1252 won't have any effect until the profile is generated with the updated information.

Using this method isn't without it's risks and can lead to loss of data.