cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro References

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in Web Dynpro, in the 'properties' of a project, you can define the web dynpro references for a DC. There you have the possibility to enter 'library references' and 'sharing references'.

What is the effect of such a reference? Does this effect the reload of DC's on the server, or the compilation order of the DC's (or both)?

The background of this question is quite a funny behavior I get with my DC's. First I get a 'ClassNotFoundException', then I enter a 'sharing reference', and everything is ok. But if I remove this reference, the DC's still function (I don't get the 'ClassNotFoundException' any more).

Can anyone shed some light on this 'mystery'?

Greetings.

Achim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After removing the reference,

did you rebuild, redeploy and run the application?

or you had just run the application?

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did a complete rebuild, redeploy and even restart of my server.

Greetings.

Achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Achim,

Check the ProjectProperties.wdproperties file available under the Navigator view for your project. You will find this file under the bin folder.

I think somehow the

<ProjectProperties.SharingReferences>

tag wasn't updated after you deleted the references.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Achim,

This was my scenario.

I had to use xpath functionality in my WD. So i created a library DC with the jar file and declared it in the "library references" of my WD so that the required xpath classes are available at runtime.

For buildtime reference i created a J2EE Server Component DC (library) and declared it in the 'Used DC' in my WD.

Both the above steps helped me from the ClassNotFoundException problem.

So I guess, the "library references" is literally to refer to any external jar files.

I've no idea about "sharing references".

I'll be glad if this helps u in any way.

Thanks,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Hi Achim,

> Check the ProjectProperties.wdproperties file

> file available under the Navigator view for your

> project. You will find this file under the bin

> folder.

> I think somehow the

> the

>

<ProjectProperties.SharingReferences>

> tag wasn't updated after you deleted the references.

>

> Regards,

> Satyajit.

This was the problem. The property file is only updated, when I do a 'rebuild project' but not, if I do a 'build' on the DC. Seems to be a bug... (or a feature?)

Greetings.

Achim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i m right,ur problem is that i think so u r trying to access the functions that are out of webdynpro scope.If so then u have to give the references in the sharing reference so that the WAS can understand the behaviour of ur application.

If this is of accessing portal from webdynpro then u have to go by this way only.

Regards,

Nagarajan.