cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Excel Right Click Menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a Fox function I always want to be executed when new data are create (from new row).

Problem is if the user in the right click menu and select transfer or save, this will directly do it.

I have a button I created that first execute the planing function and then save the data, this also what I want to do within right click.

Thanks

Matthieu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you must be talking about the excel frontend, because in the web, there is no "right click - Save" option. You cannot change how the right click options work. What you can do is, go to design mode, select properties of the analysis grid (which displays the input query) and de-select 'allow navigation'. This way, when the user right clicks on the query, he would not get any menu.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wasn't aware of this "disable navigation" option, I will use this.

Thanks for your help.

Matthieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also note that if you create a web application, you can control each option that appears in the context menu (right click menu) using the context menu web item, but in excel you can either have the menu, or not have it - no other possibility.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would recommend you to have different buttons for the tranfervalues,save,etc..and also uncheck the "allow navigation" option from the analysis grid table properties which will disable the right click/context menu on the query.

Well if you need the context menu option then educate the endusers to have the buttons clicked when saving the data and I think if they forget or accidentally use the save option available in the context menu then they will learn from their mistakes because as it will lead to inconsistencies of data. I think they will have to pay the cost of it.