Product Costing

What are the important points we need to keep in mind when we upload

GL, AR and AP balances in FI??

Thanks, Ashok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to make sure that your PCA balance sheet and FI balance Sheet both matches while uploading data.

When you are dealing with initial upload while going live, No cost center and Internal order impact will come because those are for income statement accounts.

You also need to make sure reconciliation account (Suspense Account) gets zero after uploading of balance sheet.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prakash,

When you are trying to upload balances you will have to first create an extract of what to upload. Prepare this upload from GLT0 (GL Balance Summary) and GLPCT (PCA Summary) tables. This is a must as GLT0 doesn't provide you balance by profit centers. Your extract will now be summarized by,

DR/CR

GL Account

Profit Center

When uploading for expense accounts, you can use any Cost center with the appropriate Profit Center. You can't post to expense accounts without a CO Object and if you use any random cost center then your profit center maybe wrong.

For Asset, liability and revenue account you should be able to enter the profit center directly in the FI Document being created for balance upload.

For GL accounts that are of type reconciliation (like customer and vendor), please post to the sub-ledger accounts. In such a case you will have to transfer the open line items [for customer and vendor accounts, the open line items constitute the balances]. If you don't bring the open line items then you may face issues later on in clearing them.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

First of all this is a new implemetation, so i do not have data in SAP.

When i upload Vendor and Customer balances, how do i make sure they reflect in PCA.

Thanks, Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Few of my concerns are

1. While uploading balances of expense accounts, do i need to give cost center??

2. Where do i need to give profit center during balance uploads among following items

Assets

Liabilities

Expense

Revenue

Vendor balances

Customer balances

Thanks, PRakash

Edited by: prakash badram on Sep 10, 2008 6:36 PM