cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICR - Which process to use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My company posts intercompany documents by all three methods, Vendors / Customers, Open Item GL accounts, and non Open Item GL Accounts (PL Accounts, Loans). We were hoping to use ICR Process 002 for all of these items. What is the suggested process for the reconciliation of all of these items?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello James,

You will not be able to reconcile all intercompany trnasactions in one process. Well, technically it is possible but I would not recommend it.

You should use either process 001 or process 003 for reconciliation of open items. Typically this will cover your intercompany payables and receivables. This process operates with open items for a specific key date which greatly reduces the data volume to be analyzed.

Process 001 was originally designed for reconciliation of GL open items. Process 003 was originally designed for reconciliation of AR/AP open items. By now the only difference between the two processes is that process 001 uses table group FBICRC001 containing one field RACCT (account) and process 003 uses table group FBICRC003 containing fields RCUST (customer account) and RVEND (vendor account). GL open items can be included in process 003 by specifying data source Documents of other process in FBIC032. This is done automatically if you select Yes when running FBICC. If you do not implement any other logic the GL account number is stored in field RCUST in FBICRC003A/T (FBICRC003A is the line items table for table group FBICRC003 and FBICRC003T is the totals table).

Process 002 is designed for reconciliation of accounts without open item management. This is typically relevant for reconciliation of P&L accounts, e.g. expense and revenue. The problem is that far more data has to be analyzed in this context because you do not have open items ("unfinished business") for a key date. Here we have to work with line items which were posted for a specific interval of posting dates.

I hope this answer helps you in your efforts.

Best regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the advice. We are working on this change, but one issue i see is the automatic assignment by the REFNR field. If the documents are created by cross company code postings, or sales orders, i think they will match with the REFNR field. The problem occurs when one journal is posted in one company code and another journal is posted in another company code. If we put the reference number exactly the same in each company code's document, it doesnt seem to transfer over to the special ledger which has to be created for process 002. Then the documents do not automatically match by the REFNR field. Any ideas around this situation?

Thanks again.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can someone point me to the link where the ICR 001 through 003 defined?

Thanks.

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello James,

Which field did you specify as sender field for REFNR in the field movement assigned to your sender ledger?

Best regards,

Ralph

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello rk k,

I am not sure what you are referring to. The transaction code which will show you the IMG path relevant for processes 001 and 002 is FBICIMG. The transaction code for process 003 is FBICIMG3.

Have you reviewed note https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/863630 ?

Best regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

Currently we have two sender fields HKONT and VBUND. I have tried to add REFNR to the sender field as well, but I receive an error stating that the field doesnt exist in FBICRC002T (Totals) but exists in the Line Item table. It seems to be a soft warning (yellow).

Should I be sending this field and receiving it to the REFNR field as well?

Also, is this the best practice for process 002? I would assume it is since the default rule uses REFNR as the matching characteristic.

Thanks again Ralph.

James

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello James,

You can ignore the warning.

I am not sure whether XBLNR is the correct sender field for your process You can either specify a single sender field for REFNR or implement some logic in the exit to determine your preferred field. If necessary you can also add more fields and then check them using different rules.

Yes, the default logic is to populate REFNR and use only this field for matching. However, I have seen many exceptions from this default.

Best regards,

Ralph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will appreciate if you help me in this problem about Intercompany Reconciliation

cheers

Rafa