cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subreport fails to link parameters after switching servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I developed a report with 4 subreports. During development all subreports linked properly. However, switching to another server broke the linking mechanism, i.e. subreport is not getting the parameter. Once again, this works on development server, but it fails on any other server.

Thanks in advance

Amer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amer,

Need more information-

Crystal Report - Product and version?

Visual studio version?

OS?

Web or windows app?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, such a quick response...

Here it goes:

- Crystal Reports.NET that comes with Visual Studio 2005 (so I assume it is CR.NET basic version 10.5); I did apply SP1 hotfix for Visual Studio (crvs05sp1.exe) as provided at download section; My assembly cache contains CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine versions 10.5.3700.0 and 10.2.3600.0;

- Visual Studio 2005 Professional;

- Windows XP

- It is windows application - .NET framework 2.0 Windows Forms Application;

I hope this will give you enough information.

Thanks in advance

Amer

PS: It almost seems that linking is related to default connection properties of the database for the report. I am able to modify connection properties of the document at runtime (and all subdocuments) as provided in sample code here on the forum, but it still seems that subreport linking is relying on default connection settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amer,

Would like to inform that 10.5 version of Cr comes with VS 2008 and 10.2 version of Cr comes with VS 2005.

About changing the information of server at runtime is not suppoted or possible with 10.2 version of CR.

If there is a need to perform some runtime functions then there is a need of using RAS Engine which is possible with the stand alone product of Crystal reports.

hope this helps

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit,

I am not really sure that changing the default connection would solve my problem. In other words, is there a reason why switching the server would cause subreports to fail linking? Also, how is that problem solved with windows (.NET 2.0) applications that deploy their applications to other computers/server, whose connection information is not known at the time of writing the application?

Thanks in advance

Amer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amer,

To change the database information according to the client, you can make changes in the web.config file according to the database information and in code take the database credentials from the web.config file.

Refer thread - [; for more details.

Hope that works!!

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

The problem is not setting the parameters for a report. The problem is that sub-report is not working when I change those parameters. In other words, I have report with couple of "on-demand" subreports. When I run these on testing server, it works fine. When I go to different server and modify credentials, everything works regarding database login, but parameters are not passed from main report to subreport. Once again parameters are passed properly when using testing server, but they are not passed when using production server.

Thanks in advance

Amer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amer,

could you please let us know the code in which you are passing the DB credentials for Main and sub-reports.

Amit

Answers (0)