cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encountered invalid infoactor BIWGMLQuery: null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Have a new installed Portal NW SP16 (Sept 2008) installed on a UNIX AIX machine. When we try to deploy VC models with BI queries as datasource we do not succeed. Have tried changing Compiler runtime.

When using Compile Runtime=Flash we get the errormessage:

Error in compiling Flex application: java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable. We have tried solution suggested in note 886209:

Open the flex-config.xml file from the flex compiler configuration folder in the following location:

j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\portalapps\com.sap.vc.mmcompiler\res\root\WEB-INF\flex\flex-config.xml

in the <compiler> element, find the <headless-server> parameter, and change it's value to true.

Around line #146, change <headless-server>false</headless-server> to <headless-server>true</headless-server>

But that did not seem to help. The message is still there.

Have also tried runtime = Flash(Flex2)

Then we get another error that says: Flex2Compiler.Compile: FlexCompilerException: Encountered invalid infoactor BIWGMLQuery: null

Querstions:

1. Preffered runtime? Any opinions wheater we should we use old Flash or Flash(Flex2)? Haven't been able to find any info about the differences, pros/cons etc.

2. Any good ideas on the cause of the erormessages? Especially on the Flash(Flex2) one?

Thanx,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Querstions:

1. Preffered runtime? Any opinions wheater we should we use old Flash or Flash(Flex2)?

definitly Flex 2, there was a big improvement on this runtime, especially from SP17 that is soon to be released.

2. Any good ideas on the cause of the erormessages? Especially on the Flash(Flex2) one?

"Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable"

the note that you use should solve the issue, I never heard of a case that it didn't, I suggest looking into it again, if you choose so. (Flex 2 is the better approach)

"Encountered invalid infoactor BIWGMLQuery: null"

this could be caused by reason of using a non-english languages in your BI Queries, esspecially languages where you have special letters such as the portoguese ã)

this issue was fixed for a SP16 hot-fix, and also present on SP17

I suggest opening a ticket for SAP support, and ask for an hot-fix for SP16 or SP17.

Best Regards, Hope I helped you, Points will Be welcomed

Amir Mimran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanks for your answer. You where indeed right! The changes in the XML file suggested in the note wasn't implemented correct. Once fixed Flash runtime worked fine! About flex2, It makes sence that it is language problems. This BI system uses language=swedish and we guite often use the letters å,ä and ö. Will await sp17 since we can use flash runtime meanwhile.

Thanx once again!

Martin