cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notification to group of users 15days prior to expiry date of doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement where i am storing "software license" documents in KM folder and the license documents are assiciated with license expiry date. As per my understanding the expiry date can either assigned using "Time Based Publishing" or "Custom Metadata Property". I want to enable group of users receive E-mail notificaton 15days in advance before the license document expires.

Kindly suggest me how this can be implemented and scheduled

Thanking & Regards,

Tushar Dave

Edited by: Tushar Dave on Sep 10, 2008 6:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194668
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar Dave,

You can set the validity period for the doc or use time based publishing.

Write a KM Repository Filter (Property filter), which is scheduled (say every day).

In the filter, you can check the expiry date and if it meets your condition, send a mail using Java APIs.

- Aarthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you implemented such scenarion or do you have sample source code of the same if you do have kindly send me that will help me a lot...

Regards,

Tushar Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I say, a scheduler which runs every day, to update a custom property which is delta of sys date(todays date) and valid from date. And this whole folder is indexed and classified. a query builder which classifies the resources based on this delta. In your case 15 days. The classification folder is set with subscription where the user group will be notified with any changes in this folder. But, i have a little doubt here in the last part, whether a Taxonomy folder will send out a notification mail as the folder doesnt get modified. Just give a try...

Regards

BP