SAP for Chemicals Discussions
Ignite conversations about maximizing efficiency, enhancing safety, and innovating in the chemicals industry with SAP. Start a discussion today.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practises for Chemicals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks.

I got a question regarding BP Chemicals and hope someone is able to provide an answer.

Is it possible to install BP Chem. on top of an ECC 6.0 IDES system?

Anyone ever did that?

We are facing some problems during installation/configuration and the fact it is an IDES system makes us a bit doubtful.

I could not find any notes/information about that topic.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian, all Industry specific Best practice packages should be activated on top of a Baseline package, the country of both packages should be aligned.

You can find more information about the activation on the following link:

http://help.sap.com/bp_chem603/Chem_DE/HTML/index.htm

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian, all Industry specific Best practice packages should be activated on top of a Baseline package, the country of both packages should be aligned.

You can find more information about the activation on the following link:

http://help.sap.com/bp_chem603/Chem_DE/HTML/index.htm

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks for the link but I could not find any information regarding IDES systems.

0 Kudos

This means that the Industry specific Best practice package it can not be activated on an IDES, it should be activated on top of the appropriated Baseline package.

Best regards.

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To activate IS-Chemicals, you have to activate IS-Chemical component using IDES system. Once it is activated, you can't switch back.

Bye,

Muralidhara

0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks for the replies.

We are facing a strange behavior while installing BP Chemicals on our SAP ECC 6.0 IDES system.

There is a function module which comes with the BPC installation. This function module would fit into a Non-IDES system but not into an IDES system.

We had to adjust this module to refloat some other IDES scenarios.

Yet I could not find any information regarding this topic. And furthermore I could not find any information whether ECC IDES system is supported or not supported for installation.

Thanks.