Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection of rows in ALV grid (class CL_GRID_CATSXT)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The CATS transaction CATS_APPR_LITE is using the class CL_GRID_CATSXT, method GET_SELECTED_ROWS, to retrieve selected rows in the ALV report.

The user/manager selects these rows to approve the work hours registered by his subordinates. He can only select and approve those rows that have been fully expanded, meaning he cannot select and approve total lines. (If he tries to do so, nothing happens).

I have created a layout that shows only total lines per employee. Using this layout the manager should be able to select the total line for a particular employee and press the "Approve" button. In this way, I need to get a hold of the rows contained in the total line, meaning I need the row numbers of the actual rows which have been added up in the total line.

Does anyone know how to do this...? As mentioned earlier, the CATS_APPR_LITE transaction is using class CL_GRID_CATSXT, method GET_SELECTED_ROWS.

All helpful answers will be rewarded!

Best regards,

MV

1 REPLY 1

franois_henrotte
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess method GET_SELECTED_ROWS returns the total lines when they are selected ?

if so, you just have to do a LOOP on your internal table having same key fields as selected total line