Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Format in Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am downloading the data into Excel, where several fields contains date values and were defined with char10. When i right click on a cell containing date value and choose format option its showing *dd/mm/yyyy and cell which has blank value show General format instead dd/mm/yyyy

Please sugguest to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Narendra.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Select the date cell that has the required date format defined. Click on 'Format Painter' Icon. Click and drag the cursor on to the cells (or columns) that you require to change the date format.

0 Kudos

Should handle in Program itself not after download, Guys any help?

0 Kudos

If you want to handle in Program itself have the date value filled in as '00/00/0000' (while downloading to excel and make this field as char) if no date value is present.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select the date cell that has the required date format defined. Right Click on the date formaat and select the 'Format cells' after go to select the custom after that u will give the which date format u want .

Thanks.

Ashok,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change Date format in Your system.

Go to Start->setting->Controll pannel->regional setting

and change date format as DD.MM.YYYY and separater as "."

it will solve your problem.

Regards

Rajiv singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sir,

I think it is PC date format problem in excel , go to control pannel , select "change the formate of numbers,date,time

display menu here U change date format as you like then save

sree hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi narendra,

righe click on the cell, go to "Format cell' and in number tab click on "custom",then u type your custom type like dd/mm/yyyy.

Thanks,

Mahesh.