cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No selection available for a variable in Analyzer!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody, I made a query with a couple of variables in it. When i open this query in a Bex Designer and then launch it through the web i have a selection screen with my variables, so, when i hit the "Selection" button, it opens up and gives me the selection for my variable - so, no problems here.

But, when i do the same in Bex Analyzer (Excel) , when i hit the "Selection" button, only a blank screen opens up with no option, no values, nothing!!

Any idea why it happens?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your patch level. You need to make sure your SAP GUI installation is done properly with appropriate patch level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

everything is ok with Excel! i have other queries, the older ones and they do display the selection options ??!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if Internet Explorer 7.0 is installed, IE 7.0 is not compatible with some "old" SAPGui installations.

If you can, uninstall IE7.0, or upgrade your sapgui.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, may be i didn't explain myself well enough. Excel is ok per se, but not when i use Bex Analyzer

And IE7 is totally ok - it's the only environment that the "Selection" button actually works!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the infoobject setting for the selection in the query?

Is it read master data, navigation options etc?

And when your selection screen is blank - do you see a SQL happening against your user id in sm66/sm50?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Like I said your SAP GUI patch level is the culprit.

Please upgrade it and it will be solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Variable screen in the BEx Analyser (based on Excel) is built based on IE 7.0. Please check it, I had the same problem with some of my users, and the problem was solved by uninstalling the internet explorer.

An update of the SAPGui should solve the problem, as previously said by Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok guys, i've upgraded SAPGUI to the last, 9th level patch and also reinstall the IE7

But the problem persists

Some more ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you try to uninstall IE7, and go back to IE 6.0 ? (if possible)

What is your sapgui version ? 7.0 or 7.10 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My SAPGUI es 7.10 patch level 9

I uninstall the IE7 and installed the IE6 , but no luck

Still doesn't work properly

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

probably it will excel problem in your system, ask your basis person to install excel

Regards

Sivaraju