Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Problem with Transparent iViews in IE 6

Hello, everyone!

I am having some trouble when setting transparent iViews to be seen in Internet Explorer 6.0.

I set the iViews to transparant in the Portal Content studio (for example, the My Favourites iView), but they are always shown in a white background. I Tried many things, including changing all groups, iViews and everything else to transparent in the Themes Editor. Also, I tried to set a transparent gif as a background for groups, iViews and everything else. None of these worked. No matter what I try, I always end with the transparent iViews shown in a white background.

Someone told me that this is an IE 6.0 bug, and that it would work in IE 7.0 or Firefox - and as a matter of fact, it does work, I tried that too. But the official browser in my company is IE 6.0, so I am supposed to find a way to fix this bug.

If that was conventional HTML, the solution would be very simple: on the iFrame tag that is generated for an iView, all I had to do was to set a parameter for that tag like <iframe allowtransparency="true">, but since I still don't have enough knowledge or resources to edit any Portal code or code generator, I do not know what to do to solve this problem. Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance!

Carlos Eduardo D. M. Lacombe

Edited by: Carlos Eduardo Lacombe on Sep 12, 2008 3:00 PM

Edited by: Carlos Eduardo Lacombe on Sep 16, 2008 5:11 PM

Edited by: Carlos Eduardo Lacombe on Oct 10, 2008 4:54 PM

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question