cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiscal year with 5-4-4 periods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using 5-4-4 calender for GL and asset. Now company wants to switch to calender year for asset only. Is it possible to switch to calender year, as start and end date of year wont match. Also they want to keep 5-4-4 for GL.

Thank You,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

possible with the prerequisite that the first and last day of a fiscal year is in both fiscal year variants are identical.

Effects described by Paul must be considered as well.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thank you for replying, I have created another variant for 5-4-4, this variant match start and end date with GL variant, also I have generated period control and assigned to calender. only change is, I have put period 2 ends 31 jan and period 3 ends 15 feb (For 24 period year) and so on for all months. When I check asset values I get "No data was found that agrees with the selection made" and when I hit comparison tab I get error "No asset line items exist for year 2009". Is their any other configuration left?

Thanks

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark it is possble to do that but in Fi / CO but you can have strange effects.

In some FI periods there is no depreciation in other period 2 depreciation.

I our system they an other calandar for asset then FI with the same settings for the period, but this year for February the put in 28 days for AM and the calandar for FI 29 days. The result was 2 Months depreciation in January and no depreciation in February!!!

Paul