cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function group variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Supposing I am calling two RFCs belonging to one Function grooup in SAP from within the same WEb dynpro. Now when I call the first RFC I set the value of a global variable in the function group. Now when I call the second RFC will the value of the global variable be available? Any idea as to the rules governing this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Web Dynpro calls RFC and executes them in R/3. SO if you are able can use the variable stored while executing the function in R/3 it will be possible also in Web Dynpro.

Sometimes for standard BAPIs you might have to call another RFC manually to lock the functions.. Otherwise.. executing RFC from Web Dynpro will have no difference.

Regards

Bharathwaj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I think its something to do with the connection and LUW. Its like this. All RFCs in a model are executed in the same connection which works as one LUW (i think so). In that case probably different RFCs could share a global variable as u said.

But if the two RFCs are in two different models, then Im sure there's no way they can share variables since they are executed in different connections.

Hope this explanation helps. I could also be wrong. Please do post the answer if you find one.

Thanks,

Rajit