cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost not captured while posting PR/PO/SA/GR. in a Project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I posted a schedule agreement to a particular G/L account,and found that the cost is not captured in budget report.

This problem also exist for PR/PO/GR.

What could be the reason for this and how could it resolved.

Please help.

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am still not very clear.I am wondering , what could be the sole purpose of creating a balance sheet account or statistical cost element.

I mean to say, why this costs are not taken into account for profit or loss.

What could I make out from this is that , that these cost are taken care off by other processes which have P&L G/L account/cost elements.

For instance if Goods Receipt is posted to Statical Cost Element , and has NO effect on Profit /Loss , then this cost of the material is taken into account while doing GOODS ISSUE for a Prod. Order which is posted to a P&L account.

Please suggest whether am I right or wrong in my analysis.

And if it is something different , then please clarify?

Thanks & Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well thanks for such a quick reply.

Fine, Suppose i create a statistical cost element for that G/L acc. ,

Will it not have any consequnces on the funds flow.

I am in doudt , Please clarify for my benefit.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.. Because it is statistical and not the actual.

Let me put it in this way.. when you move the goods (qauntity) to the warehouse , the stock account which is b/L account gets an entry (FI)... now to refelct it in the reports (CO) you have to have a cost element.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Singh,

Well after making that G/L account , a cost element , it does capture the cost incurred in the project.Also my budget check works fine with that.

But, my CO consulatant said that, that particular G/L account is a balance sheet account and it is not advisible to make that g/l acc. , a cost element, otherwise it might have some consequences on the funds flow.

Well I am not able to understand him, could you please through some light on this.

Please suggest whether I should go with yours solution or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ask your CO consultant to create a cost element with category "90" (Statistical cost element for BL sheet account)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal, Your GL account will not enter Controlling and consequently it will not have any effect on budgeting unless it is extended into Controlling by making it into a Cost Element. Trust this helps much and the problem resolved! Regards, Ashok SINGH