cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numeric Axis - Date Axis bar chart alignment issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

My chart seems stuck with having a small spacing at the start (origin) of the x-axis, and also at the end of the x-axis. But this only affects the bars. The weird thing is that the x-axis labels (beneath the x-axis line) do not have such a spacing at either end, and the end result is that they are out of alignment with the bars. Is there a way to get the labels in alignment with the bars? And is there a way to have no such spacing - I don't particularly want it there?

Using CR Developer 11.5.10.1263

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew,

This might not completely eliminate the white space on either end but right click on the chart > chart options and on the Appearance tab decrease the gap width.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graham,

Yes I have tried changing the gap width...it doesn't really remove the white space. I guess I can live with the white space. But I can't live with the x-axis labels not aligning directly beneath the bar risers? Can you suggest something that would solve that?

thanks....Andrew

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew,

Try setting the X- Axis Scale fo the Major Unit to match the unit you chose for the on change of field.

For instance I created a chart with the on change of for each month but the date axis chart's Major unit was for Year. After changing the major unit to months the x axis labels lined up with their respective bars.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graham,

Whenever I try changing the Major Unit setting on the Scales tab of the Group (X) Axis Settings dialog from 1 Day(s) to 1 Month(s) it immediately flicks back to Day(s). For some reason it won't let me set it to Month(s), which is what the on change of is set to?

The other curious thing with this type of chart is that on the Numbers tab of the same dialog I set Category to Date and Type to "Feb-02" and yet labels always print in format mm/yyyy eg "06/2007" ???

Answers (0)