cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to package XI/PI Interfaces in a product ?

wilsonrsantos
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts !

I´m working at a company that have a project to integrate SAP ECC with a software that they sold, and they want to turn the interfaces developed in a product to be sold to their customers(that use SAP and the software that they sold), and I´m seeking for the way to achieve this, package interfaces in a product.

I´m reading a lot about export XI interfaces in .tpz files and I think that this may be the way but I have some doubts like:

- The XI/PI version installed on customer may be a problem ?(here I´m working on PI 7.0) - About this question, reading several questions in SDN, I understood that exports from PI 7.0 are accepted from XI 3.0, so, I think that the minimum configuration at the customer to support the product will be XI 3.0. Is this correct ?

- The SAP ECC version installed on customer may be a problem ?(here we have ECC 6.0) - I think that the RFC functions(or proxy) can be imported inside the software component of the software sold by the company where I work, so in design(Integration Repository), I think that the version of ECC will not be a problem but, what about the configuration(Integration Directory) ? If I export the configuration of the interfaces, the tpz file(s) will be have data about Business System created on my working environment, that have a specific version. If I import this in a customer with another version of SAP ECC, this will work ? If not, there is a way to change the .tpz file to the ECC data inside it to be compliant to the ECC used in the customer ? Or the only way is to do the configuration of these interfaces by hand in each customer ?

- If the question above solved without to make the configurations at customers by hand, there is a way to make the Business System in the configuration to be the same already used in a customer ? - I supposed to be installing this product in a customer that already have XI/PI installed and already have interfaces between ECC and another systems, in this case, ECC will be in configuration(ID) as a business system(for example, in customer, ECC is a business system named ECC_DEV, and here in my company, the business system name is MED, that is the system id of ECC). There is a way to make my export files(tpz), from my scenario, to use the same business system name already in use in the customer when I import the tpz ? About this, I´m thinking if there is some way to solve this using transport targets, what do you think ?

At this moment these are my doubts, as you can see, major doubts are about the configuration(ID) exports and how to adhere them to the customer scenarios.

Thank you in advance, and best regards,

Wilson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you are right it's only possible to package IR content. But what you could is writing templates and documentation.

The documentation for certification of XI Content could be helpful:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0fb79038-0501-0010-8592-8d2a6cd1...

Regards

Patrick

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe that you can still have ur interfaces working in your new landscape even wtht the need to do the re-configuration in SLD for the Products and SWC. At least it has worked for me.

Regards

Krishna

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

We can generate package but user should have SAP system else it can't work. C,C++, VB etc softwares we can generate package and use any whare but SAP point of view it is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some points to be noted are

1. Check for service pack than version. check the pi7.0 and xi3.0 SP . There are some measurements which will tell u that this service pack is equivalent for this versio serice pack.

2. The SLD must be configured again in the new system,once the business service can be exported as my my knowledge

3. All the RFC's and IDOCs can be imported, but make sure to reflect the same in ECC system also. Eg., Custom Idocs

4.Also check the version compatiablity

5.I would suggest you to check on interface to interface rather than dump everthing in single go.

6. Export in different files and configure all the missing things accordingly. That will shorten ur problem solving time