Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV - CL_SALV_TABLE - Top of page

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to find a print-top-of-page type event for the ALV class cl_salv_table. This would be similar to the event print_top_of_page for class cl_gui_alv_grid. What this does is allows you to create the report header, the header that will be printed or displayed if the ALV is viewed in list format.

I found the event top_of_page in the class CL_SALV_TABLE but I do not see how I can set the heading.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Davis

6 REPLIES 6

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this thread, see Alejandro Bindi's post.It is really helpful

0 Kudos

I suppose you can't do it without using a container and a screen? Right now I am displaying the ALV without both of those. I was hoping that I could use the top_of_page without changing too much of the ALV code. I guess that isn't possible?

Davis

0 Kudos

Did you see the Blog by Thomas Jung.

0 Kudos

Yes, however, it would be quicker for me to change my code to use a screen/container than it would be to wade through his code, create my own class, and then change my code. I appreciate what you showed me but it isn't quite what I was hoping for. I believe what I was hoping for may not be possible.

Regards,

Davis

0 Kudos

>I believe what I was hoping for may not be possible.

I tried without container but failed . May be some one tried it , wait for some more inputs.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. I have been waiting for this day to happen; I knew I would have to change my ALV template sometime. I guess today is the day.

Thanks again!

Davis