Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

MDM Portal Cache

<body><p>If there are some changes in MDM Console, the portal does not recognise it, unless restarted.</p><p></p><p>I tried to use :</p><pre __jive_macro_name="quote"><p></p><p>Keeping Metadata Up-to-Date</p><p>The metadata information stored in the Metadata Manager cache can become out-of-date if</p><p>somebody makes changes (repository schema, security information or attributes data) using</p><p>the MDM Console, MDM Data Manager, or API.</p><p>To keep the metadata up-to-date, the implementation of the MetadataManager class is</p><p>supplied with the Event Dispatcher which can listen for all changes on the MDM server and</p><p>send notifications when the metadata is changed.</p><p>When this notification is received, the manager removes the relevant portion of metadata from</p><p>the cache so that in the next request, the information is retrieved from the server and the</p><p>cache is renewed.</p><p></p><p>To enable the Event Dispatcher, call the following registration methods:</p><p>&#56260;&#56512; registerRepositoryNotifications(RepositorySessionContext ctx,</p><p>String serverPassword, String repositoryPassword)</p><p>This method subscribes to all server and repository events (all changes that can be</p><p>done through the MDM Console). It is important for updating the repository schema</p><p>cache.</p><p>&#56260;&#56512; registerDataNotifications(UserSessionContext ctx, String</p><p>repositoryPassword)</p><p>This method subscribes to all data events (all changes that can be done through the</p><p>MDM Data Manager). It is important for updating the taxonomy attributes cache.</p><p></p><p></p></pre><p></p><p><strong>I have also noticed that this issue is only specific to Web Dynpro for Java and not with Standalone Java.</strong></p><p></p><p>Apparently, I do not seem to use it in the right way or the above thing does not work.</p><p></p><p>Nevertheless, has anyone else faced this issue ?</p><p></p><p>What do you do if someone changes metadata in Console while doing MDM Custom Development using Web Dynpro for Java ?</p><p></p><p>Regards,</p><p>Subramanian V.</p></body>
Tags:
Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question