cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Portal Cache

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there are some changes in MDM Console, the portal does not recognise it, unless restarted.

I tried to use :

Keeping Metadata Up-to-Date

The metadata information stored in the Metadata Manager cache can become out-of-date if

somebody makes changes (repository schema, security information or attributes data) using

the MDM Console, MDM Data Manager, or API.

To keep the metadata up-to-date, the implementation of the MetadataManager class is

supplied with the Event Dispatcher which can listen for all changes on the MDM server and

send notifications when the metadata is changed.

When this notification is received, the manager removes the relevant portion of metadata from

the cache so that in the next request, the information is retrieved from the server and the

cache is renewed.

To enable the Event Dispatcher, call the following registration methods:

􁃀 registerRepositoryNotifications(RepositorySessionContext ctx,

String serverPassword, String repositoryPassword)

This method subscribes to all server and repository events (all changes that can be

done through the MDM Console). It is important for updating the repository schema

cache.

􁃀 registerDataNotifications(UserSessionContext ctx, String

repositoryPassword)

This method subscribes to all data events (all changes that can be done through the

MDM Data Manager). It is important for updating the taxonomy attributes cache.

I have also noticed that this issue is only specific to Web Dynpro for Java and not with Standalone Java.

Apparently, I do not seem to use it in the right way or the above thing does not work.

Nevertheless, has anyone else faced this issue ?

What do you do if someone changes metadata in Console while doing MDM Custom Development using Web Dynpro for Java ?

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a similar issue and opened an SAP note for this.

(for us standard SAP MDM iViews were not being updated until restart).

SAP indicated this should be solved with moving to SP6 Patch 3.

For us did this not work and we have a portal restart as part of the procedure for any MDM data model change... but as your issue is not entirely similar to ours it might solve the issue for you.

(If they come with more info I will let you know)

Regards,

Jurjen

Answers (0)