cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum number of items in FI - Cannot PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know how this issue with posting lines more than 500 lines in a delivery can be resolved? i.e. does something need to be done in the copy control to split the delivery? This needs to be contolled from the SD side and not FI summarization.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two options are available. Either split the delivery into two or use summarization as suggested by seshagiri. Be careful when you use summarization at material document level as it will have an impact on all the modules i.e. any material document that is being generated, the corresponding accounting document will be summarized. For the billing document you can use summarizing as it will impact only the billing document. Now, if you dont use summarizing at material document level and use only at billing document level then you will never be able to do PGI.

Therefore you should be using both the options which I mentioned. Split your deliveries into two so that you can do PGI without summarizing at MKPF level. Combine the deliveries into a single billing document and use summarizing at VBRK level.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Attiq,

You can use transaction OBCY to summarise the document

Select work are for billing document and then select the fields on which you want to summarise the account posting.

Thus your line items are reduced and you can post the document.

i.e. Input "MKPF" in work area and BSEG - Matnr, BSEG - posnr2. This means fields matnr (material no) and postnr2 will be blank in table BSEG, this condition cause FI doc will be summarized.

For billing document just adds work area in OBCY value "VBRK".

Former Member
0 Kudos

kindly refer note no. 36353 which also talk about your issue

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Attiq Ahmed

Assuming that few items would differ in Chapter id or item division, you can achieve the same by maintaining routine 351 for the field Data VBRK/VBRP in VTFL.

Once you maintain this routine and if you create an invoice for a delivery which has more than 500 line items, you will get invoice split based on the above criteria.

Additionally, you can also try to control through IMG setting SD --> Billing -> Billing Docs -> Country specific features --> Maintain Maximum Number of Billing Items

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi