cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub: Trading partner field updation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap,

We are doing Business Consolidation project, For this project we have configured trading partner filed to be updated for the all line items while posting the document i.e. we remove the intercompany transactions and enter trading patner check boxes for document type SA under OBA7. But while doing cross-company transactions system is not allowing to post the documents,becuase we have removed intercompany transaction check box in document type.

My requirement is that Trading partner filed should be updated for all my line items and meanwhile it should allow the cross company code postings also.How to do this kind of configuration.

Your immediate reply/suggestions in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards

S.Baskaran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

Can you please help to update me the solution if have alreay found..? i am also facing the same problem. we have so many doc types with " Intercompany transaction" setting slected. So result for the normal transactions( non inter co) also the trading partner field not updated in all line items of the document.

please kindly help me to share your solution or any other Idea if you have.

thanks a lot...!

regards,

Sandhya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have the Trading partner assigned to the GL master record and the setting for IC and trading partner ticked for document type SA the trading partner should be automatically inserted in the correct field for the line items that is is required for. You should only need to have the trading partner in the line items that relate to the Intercompany transactions.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Baskaran,

Following may help you to resolve the current dilemma. Please note that reversal doc types are also need to be compatible.

1) Customer or Vendor Invoice Postings

- For Customer Invoice Posting - Use Doc Type DR

- For reversal thereof - Use - ST (Which is already configured)

- For Vendor Invoice Posting - Use Doc Type KR

- For reversal thereof u2013 Use u2013 ST (Which is already configured)

2) G/L related Posting (Both Dr & Cr Items are G/L)

- This requires manual entry of TP, hence use - AB

3) Cross-Company Customer document posting

- For Customer Document Posting - Use Doc Type DA (Manual entry of TP)

4) Cross-Company Vendor document posting

- For Vendor Document Posting - Use Doc Type KA (Manual entry of TP)

Should you need further help, write with specific reference to doc types.

Ambadas

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If both cross-company posting and trading partner are set, documents can be posted cross-company and you can enter the partner company for G/L account items manually. You enter the partner company at item level via 'Extras -> Additional Data'. However, it will not be copied automatically from the document header.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Earlier, In the Document type SA, we had set both IC and Trading partner Check Box.At that time , Trading Partner field was updating for one line item only.While removing the ic check box,system updates trading partner filed for all line items in the docuemnt and also the system is not allowing to do the IC transactions.

Please guide me, is there any other settings to allow both ic transactions and upadate trading patner filed for all line items.

Regards

S.Baskaran