cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do u download a Youtube Video?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hallo i am looking for a software to download youtube videos in my pc and convert them to mp3 to listen them in my ipod too, can you help me pls?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (13)

Answers (13)

former_member204514
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Just give url at www.keepvid.com and download video in .flv or .mp4 format.

Regards,

anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Realplay 10G has this feature.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are many freewares on the internet which can help you download the youtube video via the URL. I (used to) use Youtube Downloader 3000 v1.0.1.0 (now-a-days I am more into torrents..slurp...so much bandwidth, so little time!)

The video will be downloaded as a .flv file which, again, can be played using the same player or other compatible payers.

To convert, again, you have freewares to convert to whichever format you want...just ask google baba..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith

I don't use any software, I just use [this bookmarklet|http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2008/04/download-youtube-videos-as-mp4-files.html].

On the YouTube site, if you execute the bookmarklet, then a "Download as mp4" link appears in the grey box on the right of the video. Easy as.

I'll leave it to you (and Google) to work out how to add a bookmarklet, and how to convert MP4s to other formats.

Cheers

Dom

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I don't use any software, I just use [this bookmarklet|http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2008/04/download-youtube-videos-as-mp4-files.html].

So, Javascript is "no software"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's right Rainer - he doesn't need "a software", he just needs a bookmarklet. Thanks for your contribution.

Cheers mate

Dom

former_member280072
Discoverer
0 Kudos

just type Idesktop.tv

Enjoy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so easy question.

download any web-based video with RealPlayer--the lastest version of Realplayer!!!

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use firefox instead IE and install the add-in downloadhelper.

With FF the internet looks very nice when u use Adblock+ and NoScript in addition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> With FF the internet looks very nice when u use Adblock+ and NoScript in addition.

i would go with chrome !

Peace,

Alf

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chrome is ****. Its from Google, and google earns money with advertising, so i dont beleive that there will be any plugin blocking elements.

Chrome has a unique ID which is transmitted everytime you are typing something in the search field. I do not want all my internet activities logged by google.

And to be honest i do not care if have to wait a half second or one second until the page is rendered. I love that scripts can be blocked, that flashing advertisment can be blocked, and that i can have my own css style si that every webpage looks like i want it.

Chrome offers nothing like that, its just a hype and i do not understand why so many people like this minimal browser. Its Spyware, covered as a browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strong words...real strong words there I agree with you on some points. But you have to understand that Google made it open source, which means that pop-upblockers will be available soon (I hope) and as far as the Unique ID goes, I am quite sure it will be cracked too.

I am in no position right now to say how I feel about Chrome, I liked a few things and didnt like a few things. Will have to see how things pan out in the future..

T00th

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chrome is not open source. Chrome is based on the open source project Chromium, but Chrome itself is closed source.

And if there are really addons which will blocking allow, the speed (which is nit so incredible as a lot of people are sayng) the speed of chrome will lower.

But Google will not allow blocking of elements, cause this is their main income.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Chrome is ****.

> Chrome offers nothing like that, its just a hype and i do not understand why so many people like this minimal browser. Its Spyware, covered as a browser.

OMG !

You must be really pissed off with the Chrome hype..lols..i just said it looks good...i never said am using it or use it ...functionality point of view better is always Firefox...!

But just to match with your comments i conclude **** is ****..however it looks...;-)

Peace !

Alf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah you are right, my bad. Chromium is open source - Chromium is the project on which Chrome is based so I made a technical mistake

So you can build yourself a "new" browser out of Chromium in the style that you want and throw chrome out I guess...

In fact, that puts me in the mood for some Browser hacking. Will download the source tonight and start working on it.

T00th

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would rather use "Iron" as browser:

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/news/Iron-a-private-version-of-Chromium-from-Germany--/111603

It does not do all the tracking the original Google browser does

Markus

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would rather use "Iron" as browser

Nice...I'm downloading "Iron" installer...I just hope it provides and English interface...I'm totally lost at German -:)

Greetings,

Blag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just goto

kissyoutube.com

paste u r video url

then

download it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Youtube videos ?!.-..lols..nice one...guys feel proud people have started thinking SAP consultants know everything (means of entertainment.)....lols..seeing things in a positive way...!

yeah Keith...just download the real player version 11 ..install and restart...when you open youtube after installing you can see the youtube videos plays with real player showing an option to download the videos if you want.!

have fun.....

Expect the unexpected in coffee corner !

Peace !

Alf

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think is way better to download the mp3.

That would be like the people who used to pirate cassettes recorded from the radio in the early 90's

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Apple do provide a download that is designed to allow you to convert YouTube clips for viewing on an I-Pod. Only works on Macs as far as i know.

Memory tells me it's called Tubesock, never used it though.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As an Member of SCN i have only option to suggest

Use Function Module

Gui_Download

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> As an Member of SCN i have only option to suggest

> Use Function Module

>

> Gui_Download

>

> Cheers

Do you have any links or docs or videos on that FM?

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or as somebody in the ABAP forums said, Ive read the documentation for the Function Module. Just tell me what those parameters are??

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or one from earlier today:

> I've read the documentation but it is too long. Give me short infos or else mind your own business and get lost!

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LOL

Im sure theres a whole civilization of people who want a "Abuse this Person" button on SCN.

pk

Edited by: prashanth kishan on Sep 11, 2008 4:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've read the documentation but it is too long. Give me short infos or else mind your own business and get lost!{/quote}

haha... brilliant!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

what about buying a new ipod with the ability to watch videos? At least it works fine for my daughter.

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

BAD to see such things on SDn but anyways u can try this

Select your video (T-code: youtube.com)

copy URL

goto www.downloadyoutubevideos.com (T-code)

paste ur URL n download

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our community level is degrading.

I don't have expression to show

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> hallo i am looking for a software to download youtube videos in my pc and convert them to mp3 to listen them in my ipod too, can you help me pls?

And that's what made you decide to join the SAP Community Network? Funny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be a form of high-level cross-posting at the website level...

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Could be a form of high-level cross-posting at the website level...

Do you have any web link which make us sure it's cross posting

Cheers