Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make "Read Report" pick up enhancement code as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to enhance a SAP ECC6 program - H99CWTR0 (Wage type reporter). I need to add some more master data objects from other HR tables.

I have succesfully applied implicit enhancements to this program to allow my users to select extra data objects and to retrieve the relevant data from the database. However, the program reads a subroutine pool called H99CWTR0_ALV_TEMPLATE and makes dynamic run time changes and generates a temporary subroutine pool. I have also had to apply implicit enhancements to the template but this is not read by H99CWTR0. So I am unable to to keep the shared data segment in line with the driver program H99CWTR0 which leads to an ABAP dump.

I would prefer to make all changes to SAP programs using the enhancement framework rather than having to clone SAP programs into the "Z" namespace.

-

Is there a way of making the "Read report" pick up the implicit enhancement code as well as all the other includes in the template?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith ,

what kind of ABAP dump u are getting ? , it is bcos of Field catalog ?

regards

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu

The dump text said -

"The length of COMMON PART "DRIVER_DATA_EXCHANGE" in program "%_T0DYT0" is different from the corresponding area in the calling program "H99CWTR0".

Length of the COMMON PART in program %_T0DYT0: 1224 bytes

Length of the COMMON PART in program H99CWTR0: 1232 bytes

There is probably an error in the program "H99CWTR0"."

-

My enhancement to H99CWTR0 is being accessed, but the equivalent enhancement to H99CWTR0_ALV_TEMPLATE is not. Hence the discrepancy in the length of common shared data segment.

The ABAP line "read report iv_template into lt_code." in include H99CWTR0_FORMS is not reading the implicit ehancement code I added. So when the ABAP line "generate subroutine pool lt_code name ov_driver message mm line ll" is called to generate the temporary subroutine code my code is lost.

Regards

Phil Smith

dennis_urbano
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have found this solution, hope it helps.

H99CWTR0 Nuevos Campos (Explicado) - MUNDOSAP

Regards

DUE