Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an enhancement that dissapears when I'm debugging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm developing one enhancement, and I activate the enhancement in se38 and in the SE19, but when I'm trying to test it by debug, all the code has dissapeared.

But the code is existing, the only thing is that I can't debug it, and obviously, the code is not executed.

Somebody knows why is dissapearing this code when I debug?

Thank you very much and kind regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

Try writing a BREAK-POINT statement inside the Enhancement implementation and then test, it will stop for sure.

Regards

Karthik D

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

Try writing a BREAK-POINT statement inside the Enhancement implementation and then test, it will stop for sure.

Regards

Karthik D

0 Kudos

Yes, I've tried this, but the code isn't there; so I can't find nothing of my code. I think maybe is that in the t-code SE19 there is one cell that has status initial ( not active ) but I can't move to active.

But I try to active all, and sap answer that is all active and without syntax errors.

0 Kudos

Hi javier,

Then Go to Change mode and try Activating it again...If there is no code, may be you forget to save it, so write code again, save and then activate...

Regards

Karthik D

0 Kudos

I've tried too.

The problem I think is:

When you have created one enhancement, this is moved to t-code SE19 ( where you can find your enhancement ). SAP creates it, so you can't change nothing of this enhancement in SE19.

I've created another things in SE19 and normally you have to link this objects with classes; but this enhancement is not allowed to change it here, and neither in SE24.

So I don't know what or where is really the problem, because I can't assign it to other classes because is not allowed to modify it in this t-code.

( From SE38 we don't have nothing to do because doing the normal flow creating enhancements all seems ok ) ( All is active and without errors ).

I'm going crazy...

0 Kudos

Hi javier,

Can you explain what is your actual requirement, in which Enhancement point you are creating a Enhancement implementaion.

Please Provide more details , so that i can troubleshoot.

Regards

Karthik D

0 Kudos

Oks, I'm going to explain all the steps:

Include RFKORI90 ( report to enhance )

-> Program -> Enhance

-> Edit -> Enhancements Operations -> Show implicit enhancements

-> Right click in the arrow where I want to do the enhancement -> Enhancement Implementation -> Create

Here SAP asks about Declaration or Code; I select code because I want to develope, not to make declarations.

I select one name for the enhancement and I click validate.

At this moment, I can develop, so I begin to make code, and I leave the include activate ( Activate enhancements, activate all )

All is active and in the t-code SE19 I can find the enhancement with the name I put in the above step, but I can't modify anything.

If I try to test it now, I don't find the code in the debug.

I don't know if now is the problem better explained.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the explanation Javier.

And my question is if you have created a implementation for a Enhancement point and wrote code in it, it should be editable from SE38 itself, so only i asked you to put a Break-point in the first line of the enhancement implementation. so if it is not visible in se38 itself, then you should not have saved it before activating it seems.

Anyway let me try it in the include you told and revert back, meanwhile you can try rewriting the code.

Regards

Karthik D

0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

I have tried the implicit enhancement in my own Zprogram include, in that also it was vanishing when i activate after coding. Then i find if we press save before activating it is not disappearing, so try saving as soon as you finish coding and then activate the include.

Hope this will help you...

Regards

Karthik D

0 Kudos

I understand you, but I have to do the code in the standard include, because if I have to codify in a Zinclude I have to pass by parameter all tables and structures. ( There are many parameters, and it will be more longer the parameter declaration than the code itself.)

Anyway, how can I to do to insert a include instead of codify in the standard code?

Thank you for your attention, you're very helpful.

0 Kudos

Hi javier,

To add a zinclude to a standard program you need to get access key from service market place for that include.

I think you can do it through enhancement itself, so if possible try creating a Enhancement declaration instead of selecting Code. That will be much better i believe.

Regards

Karthik D

0 Kudos

Hello Javier,

Did u manage to resolve the issue of not seeing your enhancement in the code while debuggung? Please advice as i am having same issues.

thnx

salman

0 Kudos

Hi Guys!!

I am not sure if you guys are going to implement the code using the 'Spiral' icon in the SE38 in ECC 6.0 system?? Sometimes back, I had done the similar implementation for COOIS transaction and i was able to see my code.

Regards,

Rudresh