cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can any one tell me the difference between VK11 and MR21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have changed price of a material using VK12.

When I go to the transaction MR21, it is still showing the old price.

Can any one help what is the difference between VK11 and MR21.

And i which scenarios these two were used?

Thanks in Advance

Gopi Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we maintain SD pricing conditions in VK11.

MR21 price is which you maintain in Material master record accounting1 screen.

If you want to change moving / standard price in accounting screen1. Goto MR21 enter posting date,company code and plant choose enter

enter material and new price and save it. system will update the standard price in material master.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Checnges made using VK12 is for the sales price of the material. The price which is maintined using MR21 is the cost price.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

VK11: This is price master record to determine the sale price or discounts or freight or taxes which we going to charge to the final customer. Through this transaction we will determine the price automatically either in sales or billing document. These transaction is only applicable for sales & distribution module for determining the pricing for customers.

The price determined through this we use in revenue realisation.

MR21: Through this trnsaction Finance or Cost users upload the cost of the material. The cost is

Standard Cost or Moving average cost.

Cost= Raw Material CostProcessing Cost(product process cost )Overheads(employee salaries)

This cost is maintained at each material master in accounting view either standard cost or moving average cost.

These cost is determined for every material movement within the company.

Example: Production, transfer posting, goods issue- system post the quantity and at the same time system create an inventory entry i.e accounting entry for the transaction. In this accounting entries, system consider the values from material master for generating accounting entry.

If you upload production for 10 MT of material A and in material master if kept the cost of the material as 1000 then the accounting entry in production time as

Finish Goods Dr 10000

To Cost of Production Cr 10000

These cost also determined sales transaction through VPRS condition type.

Rewards if it helps

Regards

Goutham

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi Krishna,

Through VK11 you can maintain the condition records

Through VK12 you can change the condition records

Through MR21 transaction you can execute the Price changed history data.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.