I want to configure alerts to error messages, i dont have any idea in alerts,
I need step by step explanation
Alert Configuration:- You use alert configuration to have the system informed you about the errors that occurs during message processing.
*Used for alerts that occurs at IE.
Alert Management: When you define the integration process you can specify that if a particular situation occurs at runtime a alert has to be thrown using alert management.
*Used to handle business specific errors.
For example if the stock falls below certain level an alert has to be thorwn to the specified user using the integration process in this case you have to follow steps defined in alert management
Defining Alert Categories
During alert category definition, you specify the alert text, expiry time, escalation, and all other conditions related to the sending of this kind of alert.
1. Ensure that you are in change mode in the alert category definition environment (transaction ALRTCATDEF).
2. Choose Create Alert Category.
3. In the Alert Category column, enter a technical key. Choose a key that describes the situation that triggers the alert, such as CUSTCANC for a category responding to a customer cancellation. This key is language-independent and identifies the alert category. The standard namespace convention applies to the key, this means keys Z* und Y* belong to the customer name space.
4. On the Properties tab page:
a. In the Description field, enter a description for the alert category. Choose a description that is informative with respect to the content of the alert category. The description is language-dependent.
b. If required, you can select a classification in the Classification field. If you do not choose a specific classification, the category is stored in the classification folder Unclassified. For more information on classifications, see Alert Classification.
c. In the Max. No. of Dels field, specify a maximum number of times that an alert of this category is to be delivered if it is not confirmed. This refers to delivery using a communication channel other than to the recipientu2019s display program (UWL, application-specific program, or alert inbox).
d. Select Dynamic Text if the texts of the alert category cannot be defined at this stage. This refers to situations in which the texts are not known until runtime, for example when CCMS Alerts are forwarded to ALM.
No translation can be performed for alerts with dynamic text. System messages can be entered manually in several languages.
e. In the Expiry Time in Min. field, you can enter a life span for alerts of this category if the alerts will no longer be relevant after a specific period of time. If the expiry time elapses, the alert is removed from the alert inbox and is no longer delivered using any other channel.
Expiry times can be derived from various sources. Priority is given first to the data provided by the triggering application, second to the BAdI ALERT_EXP_DATE, and third to this field in the alert category definition. If none is found in any of these sources, the default expiry of 31.12.2099 applies.
f. If you wish to specify an escalation recipient, select Escalation Active and enter the escalation recipient. Also specify a tolerance time in minutes. When escalation is active for an alert category, an alert is escalated if none of the alert recipients has confirmed the alert after this tolerance time. The escalation recipient is also informed that he or she has received the alert because of an escalation.
The escalation functionality is based on the administrator report RSALERTPROC. This report has to be scheduled as a regular job. For information on this report.
5. On the Container tab page, define any variables that you may want to use in the short text or long text. You can also define other application-specific variables, such as company code or material number. These variables are then replaced at runtime with values from the application. For more information, .
6. On the Short and Long Text tab page, enter texts for the alert category. You can include text variables referring to elements of the alert container or system symbols. In the case of a container element, the variable must be defined in the alert container. The entry in the text must be in the form &<ElementName>&.
The title is used as mail title, fax subject, and alert title in the inbox. The long text is used as mail/fax body and the long text view in the inbox. The short text is used for pager and SMS.
7. On the Optional Subsequent Activities tab page, you can enter URLs for subsequent activities. If you trigger your alerts by calling a function module, you can also specify dynamic subsequent activities. For more information, see Triggering by Calling a Function Module Directly in Triggering Alerts.
8. Save your entries.
You create an alert category to use in alert rules.
Basic alert configuration
Trigerring alerts from UDF
Alert Notification Step-by-Step
Defining Alert Classifications
Setting up alerts
ALRTCATDEF Editing Alert Categories
ALRTCATDEF_SEL Define Alert Category
ALRTDISP Display Alerts
ALRTINBOX Alert Inbox
ALRTMON Alert Monitor
ALRTPERS Personalize Alert Delivery
ALRTPROC Process Alerts
ALRTSUBSCR Subscribe to Alert Categories
The Alert Framework provides an interface from the Basis (Web AS) Alert Framework. You use
transaction ALRTCATDEF to define the text, the priority, number of delivery, etc. for the alert.
?? To configure your alerts, proceed as follows:
?? To define an alert category, choose Create Alert Category.
?? You can also create the alert category directly by calling transaction ALRTCATDEF. In both
cases you require the authorizations of the role SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR.
Configuring scenario specific E-mail alerts in XI-CCMS: Part - 1 -- ccms alerts ? 1
Configuring scenario specific E-mail alerts in XI-CCMS: Part-2 -- ccms alerts ? 2
Configuring scenario specific E-mail alerts in XI-CCMS: Part 3 -- ccms alerts --- 3
Alerts with variables from the messages payload (XI) - UPDATED -
When alerts r not displayed in inbox ?
Then check the following
Tcode - ALRTCATDEF_SEL
Report - RSALERTDISP and RSALERTPROC , SXMSALERT_LOGREADER
Did you run the report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER in SE38... If you run it, please post the corresponding logs here. If not, try to run the report giving corresponding message id and post the logs here. We will try to figure it out