Convert Database NULL Values to default
I have two doubts. Any help on this is appreciated -
1. Convert Database NULL Values to default / Convert Other NULL values to default ( from File Menu - Report Option ), can any one please tell that Default Values are the values from respective Database or Crystal Reports itself?
2. Can anybody please provide the site - link, document covering details of Crystal Reports performance optimization?
Thanks in advance !!
Here are the few tips to enhance the performance of Crystal Reports.
1. While you are using subreports, always try to use on demand subreport when appropriate.
2. If you are creating linked subreports, try to base the link on an indexed field in the subreport.
3. If you are linking subreports with formula fields, try to keep the formula field in the main report and use a database field in the subreport.
4. Try to create proper indexed field in database, so that the data access will be faster.
5. Donu2019t use multiple data sources in reports. CRYSTAL REPORTS allows this situation, but it degrades performance.
6. Try to create SQL expression fields. Since they are evaluated in database server side, so the performance can be enhanced.
7. Always use server side processing or server side grouping. To do so, choose Database | Perform Grouping On Server from the pull down menu.
8. Donu2019t use Crystal Reports formula languageu2019s built-in functions, such as ToText, in your selection criteria.
9. Donu2019t base record selection on formula fields.
There are a number of factors that affect the processing speed of reports in Crystal Reports. For more information, search for the document u2018Tips to Improving Report Processing Speedu2019 which may improve your reportu2019s performance.
Hope it helps!!