Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7.0 Security- Controlling area hardcoded in Report query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have problem in BI 7.0 Security

A lot of BI report queries in project have controlling area hardcoded as:

0100, 0350, 2000, 1000

For a given query, i have to restrict the user to 0100 and 0350 for controlling area. I have created an authorization in RSECADMIN for the same.

But on execution with a test user, i get an authorization error for the same. Only if i set the controlling area to * the report works.

One important point to note is that the input screen for the report does not contain controlling area field. Does this make a difference?

How do i work around the hard coding of the values?

Please help.

Regards,

Prashant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

0100, 0350, 2000, 1000

&

One important point to note is that the input screen for the report does not contain controlling area field. Does this make a difference?

Reading between the lines, i presume that since the Controlling Areas are hard coded in the queries they are not probably not in the input screen, which seems logical.

If the query is hard coded for these four controlling area and you are creating an Analysis Auth Object with access to two controlling area out of the four, then the system will not allow the access since it works on All or None principle.

I would recommend you to either

re-write the queries

OR if you want more flexibility make these controlling area as authorization variable in the query design, this way query will take the controlling areas present in the AA Objects assigned to user

Regards,

Zaheer

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

0100, 0350, 2000, 1000

&

Reading between the lines, i presume that since the Controlling Areas are hard coded in the queries they are not probably not in the input screen, which seems logical.

If the query is hard coded for these four controlling area and you are creating an Analysis Auth Object with access to two controlling area out of the four, then the system will not allow the access since it works on All or None principle.

I would recommend you to either

re-write the queries

OR if you want more flexibility make these controlling area as authorization variable in the query design, this way query will take the controlling areas present in the AA Objects assigned to user

Regards,

Zaheer