Hi, I want to know basics in preparing the Z-Reports. I mean when you do confirmation where the data will be saved? the table name that appears in CO11N screen (by clicking F1-> Tech info) will remain same when we save? or will it change? any specific steps req? pls help.
I am little unclear about what your requirement is exactly. But here is the check list to be looked into while preparing a Z-Report.
1. First of all, check if there is any Standard Report exist with
your Functional Consultant.
2. If a Z-Report is required, make sure to get all the
Requirements regarding the Selection-Screen, Layout, Mode
of Execution (Online or Batch), Tables to be accessed.
3. Keep in mind the Performance Issues (avoiding SELECT *)
avoiding nested LOOPs, avoiding SELECT inside the LOOP.
4. Whether to go for Classical / ALV Reporting.
5. Usage of Data, i.e., the Number of Tables and the Number
of Records stored in the Internal Tables.
6. Any Database update is required.
Hope it was helpful.
Thanks and Regards,
Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri