cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material master doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am very much confused in what to fill in few fields of material master.

Please let me know in case of ROH, HALB and FERT material masters, what to fill in :

1._In house production days_?(My doubt here is in house production days will be suppose 2 days for 2 quantities and 1 day for 1 quantity.So do i need to give 1 day or 2 days for in house production days?

Next doubt: If my in house production days are 2 hours for 1 quantity( for example I am in HALB or FERT material master), how will i put 2 hours? that field only takes in terms of days! I cant put decimals.Do i need to go to in work scheduling view and at bottom I need to give base quantity as 48 if I have given 2hours in inhouse production days??

2.setup, teardown, processing, and interoperation times, base quantity in work scheduling view

My doubt here is for HALB and FERT anyhow I am giving time in routings, why to give it here also? more over base quantity is given with what reference? is it like setup, teardown, processing, and interoperation times are given total for base quantity 20 quantity( for example)?

3.Replenishment lead time: what data to give here? what will happen if I do not give anything? what will happen if I have given GR processing and planned delivery time also and the addition of these two is not equal to replenishment lead time?(is it related to replenishment lead time in any way??

Please reply in all 3 cases: ROH, HALB, FERT

I am into implementation and my client is asking me daily and I am very much confused.

Regards,

Mohammad Arif.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Setup, inter opn, teardown

Yes the base qty specified here should be the common base qty for all the above

The Lead time data maintained in Material master is considered if you choose "Basic scheduling" in scheduling field during MRP run (check MD02)

If you choose " Lead time scheduling" in that field then the data in routing is considered

In house prodn time:

In-house production time is independent of the order quantity.

The system requires the in-house production time to determine the planned dates for planned orders in materials planning (If you choose basic scheduling).

If you want it to be on basis of lot size... then specify you enter the setup, teardown, processing, and interoperation times. If you maintain these values, the system determines the in-house production time on the basis of lot size.

Total Replenishment lead time

Total replenishment lead time (in workdays)

The total replenishment lead time is the time needed before the product is completely available again, that is, after all BOM levels have been procured or produced. It is not calculated by the system, but defined in this field as the total of the in-house production time(s) and/or the planned delivery time(s) of the longest production path.

This time is necessary if, for materials produced in-house, the replenishment lead time is to be taken into consideration in the availability check.

In an availability check where the system takes the replenishment lead time into consideration, it only checks whether there are sufficient incoming quantities and stocks available to cover the requirements within the replenishment lead time. Outside the replenishment lead time,the system assumes that the material is available in sufficient quantity.

Therefore, in this situation, it is usually necessary to depict the product's total replenishment lead time with all BOM levels as the replenishment lead time.

Use

The following options exist for materials produced in-house if the replenishment lead time is included in the availability check:

The Total replenishment lead time field is maintained.

In this case, the time maintained in this field is used for the availability check.

The Total replenishment lead time field is not maintained.

In this case, the system reads the in-house production time and, if available, the goods receipt processing time, and interprets the total of these two times as the replenishment lead time for the availability check.

Note

There is no point in maintaining the Total replenishment lead time field for materials procured externally. In external procurement, the system adds the processing time from purchasing, the planned delivery time, and the goods receipt processing time and uses this total as the replenishment lead time for an availability check with replenishment lead time.

Regards,

Ashok

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do scheduling routings,

Scheduling in routing (CA02 ) as :

Call up the operation overview for the routing.

Choose Extras-- Scheduling -- Schedule.

You reach the Scheduling dialog box.

Maintain the data on the dialog box. The system proposes Backward scheduling for the scheduling type.

Choose Continue.

You reach the Enter overview variant dialog box.

Enter the overview variant you want to use to display the scheduling results. Choose Continue.

The routing is scheduled. You reach the Schedule Overview screen containing the scheduling data.

After the scheduling run has been carried out, click on scheduling Result-- update material master

You use this function to update material master. Go to the CA96 and update material master.

After that run MRP (MD02) and check your result.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u can pull urs routing data to material master

use T code CA97.

Actually system pick in house time from material master thats y it is required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

On which situation or business process or scenario that I can decide that total replenishment lead time needs to be considered in availability check? I am asking this question because this question will be asked by my client.I am sure about it. Based on this I can decide whether or not to maintain in MRP views. Please tell me what will happen if I leave it blank?? Will the system take this data from routing?

First of all, as I understand either I can give total replenishment lead time or I can give In house production days as well as GR processing time..right??

In case of ROH, only planned delivery time and GR processing time will be maintained.

For HALB and FERT, I have still two doubts:

How to calculate total replenishment lead time? Please explain giving one example.

Next, In house production time for 1 quantity do I need to give? Where to give the base quantity(i.e.1)? moreover in case of HALB in house production time can be 2 hours, how to write this because inhouse production days field will not accept decimals!!

Does the system calculate replenishment lead time and inhouse production both from routings?

Regards,

Mohammad Arif.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For HALB and FERT

The Total replenishment lead time (TRL) is the sum of Inhouse production time (sum of all operation and interoperation times) + longest procurement lead time of the components.

Eg: If A has B And C components.

In house production time of A is 10 days

GR processing time of A - 2 days

Planned delivery time for B and C is 10 & 20 days respectively.

Now TRL = 10 (in house - A) + 20 (Delivery - C) + 2 (GR processing) = 32 days

Please note inhouse production time in MRP2 is independent of order qty.

If you want to define for specific qty please enter the data in work scheduling view "inhouse production time" area..

Regards,

Ashok

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Replenishment time is the time required to produce the material in SAP.

Total replenishment time in material master either MRP2 or MRP3 views.

Replinishment Time is the Total time for the in-house production or for the external procurement of a product. In in-house production, the replenishment lead time is determined to cover all BOM levels.

As a rule, the replenishment lead time is used in the availability check. If the replenishment lead time is not maintained, then the system uses the in-house production time or the planned delivery time to determine component availability. If both are maintained, the in-house production time or the planned delivery time have higher priority than the replenishment lead time.

Replenishment Lead time is the lead time for replenishment. Say you have an order in hand and you request replenishment of the material, its the time taken by the vendor/production to get the material to your plant and make iot ready for delivery.

This is standard behaviour if you dont check -Check without RLT in OVZ9 for availability group check configuration.

Because of this, sytem always calculates availabilty based on Total Replenishment lead time.

If Total RLT is specified in Material master MRP view 3, date proposed for 90 would always be end of lead time, irrespective of quantity.

When Total RLT is not specified in Material master MRP view 2, then system will take total of Inhouse production time + GR processing time and will propose end of lead time based on this and gives availability confirmation,irrespective of quantity.

Hope its helps

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Edited by: R Brahmankar on Sep 10, 2008 6:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr Brahmankar,

If I do not maintain in house production time as well as replenishment lead time , then is it ok if I do only scheduling of routing??

Regards,

Mohammad Arif.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok

When you scheduled the routing and update the material master then you will get timing in work scheduling view which are lot size dependent.

Please try and come back.

Regards,

R.brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Brahmankar,

In case of lot size' EX"??

Regards,

Mohammad Arif.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here it does not relate to the "lot size - EX" which is for lot sizing in planned order /PR generation.

Here What is meant is that after scheduling of rouitng the values will be transferred to the work scheduling view fields for a specific lot size (or base qty). so the in house production time calculated from the entries of work scheduling view will be dependent on order qty unlike the inhouse production time value in MRP2 view which is order qty independent.

regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

My client says in case of material master of HALB , suppose material abc1, in house production time for 1 quantity is 2 hours, 1000 quantity is 200 hours. Client is asking what data to put in material master in house production time??

Regards,

Mohammad Arif

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arif,

Then use In- house production time in days for lot size dependent in Work scheduling view.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval,

As per your last answer, you want to say that I will ask my client to give me the data for say 100 quantities , what is the set up time , inter operation time , processing time ( base quauntity=100)?

Please confirm.

Next, I ahve decide that I am not giving any in house production time or replenishment lead time. Only thing I am asking my client to fill in is GR processing time for FERT, HALB and ROH and planned delivery time for ROH.

As I understand for lead time scheduling, system will take all data from routing what I will be maintaining even though I am not going to do scheduling of routing thru CA97(scheduling of routing).

Is it the right approach, will it work fine.

Please answer.

Regards,

Mohammad Arif.

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Arif,

That option available to maintain in house production time dependent on Lot size.This will consider in case of planing is carried out on Basic Dates (option 1 - Basic dates will be determined for planned orders).But in this planing mode system will not generate capacity requirement for the work centers / Resource.

So best way to go for planing is Lead time scheduling which is base on Routing / Recipe.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval,

Thats what is my doubt! In material masters:

I am not giving anything in inhouse production time in case of all finished and semi finished parts.

Not even giving replenishment lead time for finished, semi and raw materials.

I am only giving planned delivery time and GR processing time for finished, semi and raw materials and going for lead time scheduling.

Will the system work or not is my question.............

Regards,

Mohammad Arif.

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arif,

During lead time scheduling system will consider following data,

- In house production time (For calculating Basic start and finish date)

- Routing / Master Recipe (Scheduled start and finish date)

- GR processing time.

Refer Below links,

[Lead time schedling|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/f4/7d297144af11d182b40000e829fbfe/content.htm]

[Thread|http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-log-pp/inhouse-prod-time-and-scheduling-1049289?cv=expanded#]

I will try it by using Total repl. lead time instead of In house production time but right now I can't comment on it.

Regards,

Dhaval

Edited by: Dhaval Choksi on Sep 16, 2008 2:24 PM