cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Freight

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have maintained the unit of measure for freight as KG in the condition. While creating sales order, when I am taking the freight condition type, it is taking the unit as gram due to which the cost is going haywire. i want the unit to be in kg. I can mnually change it in the sales order, but I want the system to pick up kg and not gram. Is there something that i am missing?

Please help.

Thanks & Regards

Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Check in material master weather weight is maintained in Kgs or gms. Accordingly maintain the condition records of freight.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have maintained the material as gm because it has to be in gram and the freight has to be in kg. It has to be that way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Frieght Condition Type KF00 Calculates the value based on Gross Weight maintained in Material Master data.

If you have maintained Gross wt. as 10gms in material master and at the same time Condition Record for

KF00 is $ 1.00 USD for 1 piece of material.

In sales order system wil convert first 10gms into kilograms..

(0.01kg in this case) and then it will look for value stored in condition record.

So if you will create sales order for 1pc, the condition value for KF00 will be 0.01USD .

Hope i have answered your Query !!

Warm Regards

MAYANK

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with this;

- Enter the freight condition value as for example $100 per 1000 grams. What this means is $100 per 1kg. By this way the system will put the correct value as freight.

We had the similar situation to put oil surcharge values and it did work well in the documents.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Dear Mayank,

What you have written is exactly right. that the system should convert gms in kgms. ( In sales order system wil convert first 10gms into kilograms..(0.01kg in this case) and then it will look for value stored in condition record. )

THIS IS NOT HAPPENING/. The system is NOT doing the conversion in kg. It is taking in gms. That is the problem i am asking. WHY IS IT NOT CONVERTING? Is there any conversion maintainance screen?

Thanks

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Well i have replicated the same scenario told by you in my system & didn't find any problem.. just check your Master data Settings (Material & Condition)given Below :--

Gross Weight/Net Weight -->materials Master (basic Data1)

Calculation Type field --> in tcode v/06 Condition type Screen

Plz let me know ..if still problem is thr !!

Thanks

MAYANK

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is still there......... i think this problem is happening because there is some integration problem with PP. this problem started when the PP module came into effect......

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushik,

Please check the condition record maintanence if you created.maintain the condition record for the KG.

Check the Base unit of measure in the sales order if that is in Grams maintain the alternative unit of measure in KG then try.

Maintain the Gross weight and Net weight in KG's in the sales order for the item

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.Tallapaneni on Sep 10, 2008 12:14 PM