Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change text of Customer Data tab in ME21N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have implemented the screen exit for Tcode ME21N, as a result of which another tab has appeared inthe item level by the text CUSTOMER DATA. Now i want to change the text of this tab?

Can any one suggest me how canthis be done?

Regards

Sabah

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

try it in SPRO

for changing the data tab text.

if u want the change the fieldname on display for existing fields in the screen.

note down the data element name details of the excisting field by referring to technical information.

then go to cmod transaction.

goto -> text enhancements->key word ->change

type the name which u like to be there

and click on save

it will prompt u to TR screen

save it

now open the required transaction u will find the name changed.

with regards

S.Janagar

0 Kudos

hi

I dont want to change the field name, but hte header text that appears on the TAB CONTROL?

Regards

Sabah

0 Kudos

Give suitable text(Discription)to tab in screen which you created.

this discription would show on screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the SAP Version you are using is 4.6C it can be changed by creating a text element(any tab name)with the screen number in SAPLXM06.

But this does not work in ECC 6.0. Let me know if you have any sol..

Thanks.

0 Kudos

How you resolved??????.

In the PBO of my new screen I changed the name of the tab. but when I click an other tab it shows the old name and not the name that I changed. Why???? Where should I change the name of the tab???? Plz help!!!!

0 Kudos

Hi

Just got that main program, and in its text elements add the new name u wnat to give to the tab, it will reflect in ur tab....

0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SE38 -> SAPLXM06 ->Display ->GoTo ->Text Elements ->Text Symbols

and insert the required custom name for the tab and the SYM value should be equal to the screen number which you are adding.

For E.g. adding a new tab in purchase order item , we have to add the text element with the SYM = 111 and the text as per the requirement at the above location.

Save & Activate the changes.

Please Note that we have to click on "Maintain Changes In Logon Language" , i.e. we have to make and save these chagnes in EN language only.

Regards,

Praveen

0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SE38 -> SAPLXM06 ->Display ->GoTo ->Text Elements ->Text Symbols

and insert the required custom name for the tab and the SYM value should be equal to the screen number which you are adding.

For E.g. adding a new tab in purchase order item , we have to add the text element with the SYM = 111 and the text as per the requirement at the above location.

Save & Activate the changes.

Please Note that we have to click on "Maintain Changes In Logon Language" , i.e. we have to make and save these chagnes in EN language only.

Regards,

Praveen

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks friend ....because of ur suggestion i solved my issue....

once again thanks....