Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESTRICTION ON MB01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a senario where I have created 2 activity groups Group A and Group B

I want group a to have T/code MB01 and only be able to do a 101 movement type and Group B to be able to do a only a 921 movement type.

I have gone on Expert mode on PFCG and have manually added the object M_MSEG_WWE so it allows me to restrict it by Activity and Movement Type.

I have generated the profile and it still alows both groups A & B to have access to practically all movement types.

Can anyone help please.

Many thanks ,...Bhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we are due for an upgrade, so are you trying to say that if we haven't has support upgrade this scenario will not work?

I believe that we have had support packs until SAP stopped doing them for release 3.5B. I have also attempted to work on MIGO but i believe because of the old release i'm getting the message Transaction MIGO is unknown.

Is there any other way.?????

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Authorization objects should be enough to solve your issue, I don't think you are not getting the correct result due to the old version, I think the user has probably other authorization values that you r not taking into consideration.

Anyway, another easy way to achieve this, is bi creating a new Z transaction, copying the standard ZMB01, and assign this transaction to be used with one movement type and the standard to the other movement type. Then you just need to give the users the correct transaction access authorization.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have tried using SUIM, the release we are working on is nearly 10 years old 4.5B, would that be an issue?

thanks..Bhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rather old system, time for upgrade

There is a collective note 159885, check it if you run into problems; however, if your system has the up-to date support packages installed, there won't be any troubles.

Kind Regards

TomT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Bhav,

are you sure the users doesn have this authorization object in other profiles? This is quite common... try to use the SUIM "User information system".

Kind Regards

TomT

BTW: Authorization object M_MSEG_WWE controls the GR activity by plant; I guess you meant M_MSEG_BWE.