cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activities visibility im MSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Earlier we had a problem of "Activities not visible to user in calendar". i found that user was not assigned properly in Org model. After assigning the user to employee in Org model, user can able to see current activities.

My question is "is it possible to see the previous activities as well. please clarify me.

Thanks in advance,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

activities are only visible in the MSA calendar if they are assigned to the current user/employee i.e. if there is an interlinkage table record in smokvbez11 (check foreign keys skavbka and sfamitabt).

You also can search for/view activities which are not assigned to you but then you cannot edit them. Actually there is a work-around by adding yourself as (additional) responsible.

Your scenario depends from the way how you are distributing activities. There are 2 publications:

- Activities (by Employee) -- based on smokvbez11

- Activities (by Customers & Prospects) -- follows BP

You need to check those "missing" activities whether there is a smokvbez11 record, and if yes, to which employee this is referring. What you could do is to update these values by running a small report and do an extract lateron.

Regards,

Wolfhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfhard,

Thank you for the timely responce and explanation.

i checked the table smokvbez11. here i can see the records of previous activities as well.

Actually the problem is these activities are not visible for the manager of the employee in transaction SO01. can it be resolved by extracting the subscriptions Activities (By employee) and Activities (By customers & Prospects).

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

these are two different issues: Regarding the first issue (Tx so01) I am afraid that I cannot help you as it is more CRM related.

Concerning the 2. issue: An extract only helps in case of inconsistent data in CDB and MSA (e.g. sth is missing in MSA). It cannot fix any CRM related problem.

Did you check whether the smokvbez11 record is maintained with the correct employee guid? Is this record also available on the particular Mobile client? Then it should be visible there in the calendar too.

Regards,

Wolfhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfhard,

Thank you for the helpful information. Please note i have assigned points to your answer.

I found a couple of things which are missing in my case.

First one is the manager is missing a subscription empluyee (Activities by employee "This subscription is of the problem employee").

second one is the user is currently locked.

can both of these causing this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

of course the manager needs to have activity subscriptions for all colleagues for whom he/she wants to see the activity. Unfortunately there is no hierarchy functionality for that.

Do you mean the user is currently locked in the CRM system? This doesn't have any effect on Mobile (unless the user is used for the access from the comm station).

Regards,

Wolfhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the user is locked in CRM.

I have added the Activities by employee subscription. still the problem exists. i am in dilema if anything missing in my analysis.

i have seen the settings of the transaction as well. everything seems to be perfect in IMG.

can you please sahre if is there any other ways to resolve this issue.

regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there might be a misunderstanding: In the Tileset "Calendar" you only can see your own activities or being more precisely all activities where the current user is one of the responsible employees.

This makes sense because otherwise the calendar would be quite crowded and not usable anymore.

Therefore a manager can only see activities where he/she is also maintained as (additional) responsible.

If this is not the case in your business scenario you need to use tileset "Employee Calendar" in Activity component.

Regards,

Wolfhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfhard,

The problem is solved. Actually the user was locked because of incorrect logins. After unlocking the user all the activities are available in the view list.

As the problem is resolved i am closing this issue.

Thanks a lot again for the quick responce and valuable information .

Cheers,

Vijay.

Edited by: vijay kumar on Sep 16, 2008 4:21 PM