cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SRM Mandatory with CCM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it mandatory that SRM needs to be used with CCM? If I look at the architecture I can do a stand alone install of SAP CCM on a WAS. So, If want to have the functionality of CCM alone, can I implement CCM alone?

Does SAP sell CCM individually?

Please let me know your thoughts?

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use CCM with ECC only without other SRM components.

Functionality of CCM 2.0 is mostly oriented to SRM, but CCM 3.0 will support also CRM processes.

As CCM consists of two components Catalog Authoring Tool (CAT) and Catalog Search Engine (CSE)

There are three mayor possibilities for deployment of CCM within SRM solution.

1. On same WAS as SRM Server (EBP)

2. Two WAS installations one SRM Server one CCM (CAT + CSE)

3. Three WAS installations - one SRM Server, one CAT, one CSE

As you can see from second and third deployment option CCM can be installed individually.

HTH

Gordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordan,

Thanks for the answer. However, I am still not clear.

Can I use CCM 1.0 / 2.0 / 3.0 individually? Just to rephrase can I use this without SRM or ECC. All I want to use is the Catalog Management functionality and NOT integrated with ERP or SRM.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes you can.

For example, you could use SAP CCM to handle content & catalogs, and have an Oracle eProcurement using this catalog via OCI.

Of course, you will "loose" the native SAP integration (extraction of SRM/R3 products, contracts...) because you won't have any SAP system.

SAP CCM is included in mySAP SRM or my SAP ERP licences.

If you are not a SAP customer and only want to use SAP CCM, you should contact your SAP sales representative.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had an implementation where we used CCM 2.0 without SRM and integrated it directly to ECC 6.0. Transactions ME21N and ME51N do have functionality which can be enabled to launch the CCM catalog and make item selections which are then brought back into the application. However, the maintenance of the materials had to be duplicated for CCM to match the material master records in ECC.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Firstly,CCM is the catalog content management tool offered by SAP, and is tightly integrated with SRM.

Secondly,yes CCM is installed on separate server(standalone in your terms).But the true functionality of CCM is to provide web based shopping facility to SRM users.It is user friendly and since cataloged--it is more organized,fast and supplier flexible.

Therefore,its purpose and basic functionaility is to serve the SRM users--so having CCM alone w/o SRM does not make sense to me.

I would rather say that CCM is a part of mySap solutions.

Correct me,if i am mistaken...anybody.

Priya

p.s:-plz award points if you find my contribution helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priya,

Thanks for taking time to answer the question.

I understand that.

1. Technically it is possible to have CCM separately on WAS.

2. Business wise it does not make sense.

However, my question - "Is there a dependency for CCM on the SAP SRM, purely from a functional stand point?". That means can I still maintain a catalog and have other applications access the catalog without using SRM?

Regards,

Ravi