Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When releasing a transp. req.not all object in the request could be locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to release a transport request I get error message that "not all object in the request could be locked. Do you want to release them anyway"

I found an unreleased request (from someone else) containing few objects from my request. However I do not know the owner of that request (and I can not felete it). What to do?

If I release the transport anyway what could happen?

3 REPLIES 3

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to somehow get in contact with the owner of that other transport, or at least somebody who knows about the changes to those objects.

You and somebody else obviously changed the same development objects, so you want to make sure that their current version is ready to be transported to subsequent systems, before you release the transport.

Development coordination is a must, so the situation you're in should not occur in the first place.

Thomas

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if the other request is transported after urs, ur changes will be overwritten by tht changes.

u can know the details of that other request from se03 transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tina,

If ur sure that u only want to release object which u have created and not the other objects then proceed in following way.

1. Go to SE10 and click on create button

2. u will get a popup select the 3rd radio button(ToC)

3 Give the decsription of the Tp

4. u will get anext screen here in menu select request

task->object lise ->Include object (new screen) here u select radio button freely selet obkect -> then new screen then selected the radio button selected objet. Here u give ur object and those object will be store in the created request then u can transport

Regard

Anees Ahned